Windows MySQL Gem

Steve

I tried to install the mysql gem (for package
http://www.tmtm.org/en/m...), on my windows machine. However it
failed as it seems to try to build the gem. This is one issue that bugs
me with ruby. It is easy to find binary packages for Python. However
most ruby extensions have no windows binary...
2 Answers

stu

the thing that annoys me, before you download a gem, you cant tell if
its going to be pure ruby, or require compilation, and if it does
require compilation, is it setup for msvc6, openwatcom, mingw, cygwin,
intel compiler, digital mars, etc..

-stu

Dema

You can find a Windows binary for this library here:
http://dema.ru...

rgds
Dema