Narrowing down make targets when rebuilding Ruby

Berger, Daniel

7/13/2005 6:55:00 PM

Hi all,

I'm tinkering with eval.c. However, whenever I retype "make", it
rebuilds all the third party stuff under ext in addition to eval.c. Is
there a target I can use so that it only rebuilds changes to the core
library?

Regards,

Dan

2 Answers

daz

Daniel Berger wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm tinkering with eval.c. However, whenever I retype "make", it
> rebuilds all the third party stuff under ext in addition to eval.c. Is
> there a target I can use so that it only rebuilds changes to the core
> library?
>
> Regards,
>
> Dan

Hi Dan,

Best to check 'cos it changes about but for 1.8.3 & 1.9.0, I've used:

make ruby
make install-local

HTH,

daz

Berger, Daniel

daz wrote:
> Daniel Berger wrote:
>

>>Hi all,
>>
>>I'm tinkering with eval.c. However, whenever I retype "make", it
>>rebuilds all the third party stuff under ext in addition to eval.c. Is
>>there a target I can use so that it only rebuilds changes to the core
>>library?
>>
>>Regards,
>>
>>Dan
>>

> Hi Dan,
>
> Best to check 'cos it changes about but for 1.8.3 & 1.9.0, I've used:
>
> make ruby
> make install-local
>
> HTH,
>
> daz