RSS/Atom parsing libraries for Ruby?

Jonas Galvez

7/12/2005 3:35:00 AM

Anything close to the excellent http://feedp...

--Jonas Galvez

4 Answers

james_b

Jonas Galvez wrote:
> Anything close to the excellent http://feedp...

Try

http://www.ru.../stdlib/libdoc...

James
--

http://www.ru... - The Ruby Documentation Site
http://www.r... - News, Articles, and Listings for Ruby & XML
http://www.rub... - The Ruby Store for Ruby Stuff
http://www.jame... - Playing with Better Toys

Jonas Galvez

James Britt wrote:
> www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rss/rdoc/

Thanks, looks very good, except it doesn't handle Atom.

--Jonas Galvez

Brad Wilson

Another question is how liberal the parser is. The world is jam-packed full
of malformed feeds. It might be interesting to see how hard it would be to
port Mark's ultra-liberal feed parser to Ruby, which does support Atom (and
RSS and CDF).

http://sourceforge.net/projects/f...

--
Brad Wilson
http://www.dotne...

"Big-endian byte ordering, while not wrong, is morally indefensible."
- Shawn Van Ness

mathew

Jonas Galvez wrote:
> James Britt wrote:
>
>>www.ruby-doc.org/stdlib/libdoc/rss/rdoc/
>

> Thanks, looks very good, except it doesn't handle Atom.

Or RSS 0.9, or RSS 2.0 with extended Dublin Core, or RSS 2.0 with
extensions unless you turn off validation.

I was working on documenting RSS (the library) recently, and in my view
it's really not very good for parsing. It also seems rather un-Ruby-like
in not providing a single API for all kinds of feed.

mathew