Rake & gems: Resolving external symlinks?

Michael Schuerig

7/9/2005 11:53:00 PM

I'm trying to build a gem using rake where some of the files are
symlinks to files whose targets are not included in the package. I
would like these external symlinks to be resolved so that the original
files are included in the generated gem, tar.gz, and zip archives.

From looking at the rake source code, there apparently is no way to
affect how rake copies files that are to be included in the package.

I might be able to achieve the same with subversion which I'm using
anyway. I'm not sure how it would work, though, as local files from my
local repository as well as externals (from Rails) are involved.

Michael

--
Michael Schuerig This is not a false alarm
mailto:michael@schuerig.de This is not a test