ZikO

8/28/2008 5:06:00 PM

Hello all.

I am sorry if it's wrong group but i really need a hand and i dont know
where to post this problem.

I have a problem with VC++ EE. Sorry if it's very trivial problem but I
honestly just have begun with programing in windows.
I have made an application in VC++ .NET EE and I would like it to work
on every computer not only those which has Visual C++ EE installed.

The other computer has installed Framework .NET 3.5 and i have simply
copied program from <project folder>\Debug (or Release) and system says:

"This application has failed to start because the application
confuguration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix this problem."

What do I need in other this application to work?

Regards =)
2 Answers

Peter Duniho

On Thu, 28 Aug 2008 10:06:19 -0700, ZikO <zebik@op.pl> wrote:

> [...]
> The other computer has installed Framework .NET 3.5 and i have simply
> copied program from <project folder>\Debug (or Release) and system says:
>
> "This application has failed to start because the application
> confuguration is incorrect. Reinstalling application may fix this
> problem."
>
> What do I need in other this application to work?

Impossible to say with so little information.

I assume by "EE" you're referring to the "Express" version of Visual C++.
But the version of the IDE probably isn't all that relevant anyway.

As far as the error goes, it may be that the application refers to some
DLL that's not installed on the other computer. Or it could be that you
copied the wrong file. Without knowing exactly what you copied, and
exactly how the program is configured and what dependencies it actually
has (i.e. what DLLs does it reference?), it's not possible to know for
sure what might be wrong. You haven't even said whether the program is
actually a .NET Framework program, though maybe the fact that you
mentioned the .NET version installed on the other computer was meant to
imply that.

Pete

Phil Wilson

If there is any managed C++ in your program you'll need the .NET framework
redist installing.
Most likely you just need the C++ runtime support:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=9b2da534-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&Disp...

--
Phil Wilson
Definitive Guide to Windows Installer