microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Reg TCPIP Connection Timout Socket Exception

Sripraneeth

When I try to do a remoting call where server network is down. I am getting
exception saying like - "A connection attempt failed because the connected
party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established
connection failed because connected host has failed to respond". This is
fine.

But I am getting exception only after 45 Seconds. It actually varies from
30 - 60 seconds on different machine.

This is not acceptable to our product as this timeout delay is causing the
performance issues in our product.

Can anyone give information how can I reduce this Timeout Exception delay
period.

I tried by providing the TCPIPChannel Properties like

IDictionary properties = new Hashtable();
properties.Add("port", 9000);
properties.Add("timeout", (uint)5000);
properties.Add("connectionTimeout", (uint)5000);
properties.Add("name", System.Guid.NewGuid().ToString());

clientChannel = new TcpClientChannel(properties, null);
ChannelServices.RegisterChannel(clientChannel,false);

Still no use .

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks & Regards
Sripraneeth Nara.