microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

dotnet and office 2007 installation

prejojox

8/21/2008 10:23:00 AM

Hi!
Sorry not to be a developper or programmer like many of you, but a simple
user. Sorry also for my approximate language.

I'm attempting to install Office 2007 pro on a laptop running Vista. The
machine was purchased in spring 2007. No changes have been made on the
preloaded SW.

Office installation runs silently for a long time, until it hangs,
displaying " error 1935 "

The relevant art.926804 in MS kb explains this message displayed at Office
2007 installation means dotnet is damaged or missing. It indicates three
ways to solve the problem.

1 - repair dotnet 2.0
OK, but there is no dotnet inside the list displayed in the Add/Remove
programs window.
2 - install dotnet 2.0
OK, but the dotnet install program says V2 is already installed.
3 - delete, then reinstall dotnet V1.1
OK, but there is no dotnet 1.1 within the Add/Remove installed programs
list.

I imagine there is somewhere in the registry something which both makes
believe
- Office that dotnet is not installed
- dotnet candidate to installation that it is already installed.

What can I do?
I'm not afraid crawling through the registry when necessary.

Thanks in advance.

P.S.: With the same Office 2007 CD I attempted installation on an old laptop
under XP. It ran successfully. I noticed that on that machine there is none
dotnet in its Add/Remove programs list.

2 Answers

PvdG42

"prejojox" <prejojox@supprimer.hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> Sorry not to be a developper or programmer like many of you, but a simple
> user. Sorry also for my approximate language.
>
> I'm attempting to install Office 2007 pro on a laptop running Vista. The
> machine was purchased in spring 2007. No changes have been made on the
> preloaded SW.
>
> Office installation runs silently for a long time, until it hangs,
> displaying " error 1935 "
>
> The relevant art.926804 in MS kb explains this message displayed at Office
> 2007 installation means dotnet is damaged or missing. It indicates three
> ways to solve the problem.
>
> 1 - repair dotnet 2.0
> OK, but there is no dotnet inside the list displayed in the Add/Remove
> programs window.
> 2 - install dotnet 2.0
> OK, but the dotnet install program says V2 is already installed.
> 3 - delete, then reinstall dotnet V1.1
> OK, but there is no dotnet 1.1 within the Add/Remove installed programs
> list.
>
> I imagine there is somewhere in the registry something which both makes
> believe
> - Office that dotnet is not installed
> - dotnet candidate to installation that it is already installed.
>
> What can I do?
> I'm not afraid crawling through the registry when necessary.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> P.S.: With the same Office 2007 CD I attempted installation on an old
> laptop under XP. It ran successfully. I noticed that on that machine there
> is none dotnet in its Add/Remove programs list.

It's not listed in Add/Remove... under M (Microsoft .NET Framework v...?

Search MSDN for "remove .NET Framework. You'll find numerous articles that
will help, like these:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=aae7fc63-d405-4e13-909f-e85aa9e66146&Disp...

http://support.microsoft.com...

http://support.microsoft.com...

Begin search at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/netframework/de...

prejojox

Thanks a lot, PvdG42.
Reading articles you mentioned and searching MSDN for Removal I became a
little less dummy.
Now I understand what to do and I will in a few days, when available for.

elBWmZ5AJHA.3972@TK2MSFTNGP06.phx.gbl...