microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Question on Migrating aspnet app from framework 1.1 to 2.0

Sagar

8/20/2008 10:46:00 PM

We are upgrading an asp.net 1.1 (.net 1.1) application to .Net 2.0
framework. This application has code which runs both classic asp code
(with VB6 dlls) and asp.net (with VB.Net) code.

During the develoepement phase, we installed vs.net 2005 in the
developement machines and made few changes in code to match the
requirements in .net framework.

We upgraded the QA server - installed framework 2.0 on it and then
deployed the code on it. Now we are seeing issues related to security
and permissions. I have a few questions.

1. Does the framework upgrade rewrite all the framework security
configuration settings ?
2. Does the framework upgrade reset the permissions for the ASPNET
account ?
3. is there anything to worry about machine.config ? since there will
be a new machine.config for the 2.0 framework
4. is a reboot required ?
5. There framework upgrade did not include the installation of
Framework configuration utility (control panel -> adminstrative tools
- > MS Framework configuration utility ). Should we do this manually ?

Appreciate your help.

Thanks,

- Anand