microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Can't install xp updates

Ray

8/16/2008 4:15:00 AM

Hi. I had a problem where Xp update would download but not install
updates.(96 of them).No error numbers were generated and no failed results in
update history.Auto update would repeatedly dl the same updates.I think at
some stage in the past a repair was done from the xp cd.(Its a friends
comp)After spending many hours I eventually found my answer here-
http://windowssecrets.com/2007/09/27/03-Stealth-Windows-update-prevents...
A simple cut and paste of the following to notebook,saved on desktop with
..bat or .cmd on the end of the filename.

regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
regsvr32 /s wups.dll
regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll

Double click the icon and hopefully this solves all your problems like it
did mine.
Good luck...Ray
2 Answers

PvdG42

"Ray" <Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi. I had a problem where Xp update would download but not install
> updates.(96 of them).No error numbers were generated and no failed results
> in
> update history.Auto update would repeatedly dl the same updates.I think at
> some stage in the past a repair was done from the xp cd.(Its a friends
> comp)After spending many hours I eventually found my answer here-
> http://windowssecrets.com/2007/09/27/03-Stealth-Windows-update-prevents...
> A simple cut and paste of the following to notebook,saved on desktop with
> .bat or .cmd on the end of the filename.
>
> regsvr32 /s wuapi.dll
> regsvr32 /s wuaueng1.dll
> regsvr32 /s wuaueng.dll
> regsvr32 /s wucltui.dll
> regsvr32 /s wups2.dll
> regsvr32 /s wups.dll
> regsvr32 /s wuweb.dll
>
> Double click the icon and hopefully this solves all your problems like it
> did mine.
> Good luck...Ray

You'll have better luck if you post in a Windows XP group. This is a .NET
programming group.

Here's how to find an appropriate group.

As you appear to be using a web interface, start here to find an appropriate
group:

http://www.microsoft.com/communities/newsgroups/en-us/de...

Click the + beside your language. then scroll down to Windows. In Windows,
open the category for Windows XP, then find a group there to
post in.

Ray

Thanks man.Bloody newbies eh.I will go check it out now...