microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

dot net 2 site not working on some servers and not others

Jonathan Crawford

8/15/2008 5:19:00 PM

Hi

I have a visual studio 2008 website in .net 2

It won't work on its own site
"Parser Error Message: Could not load type
'Tgsi.CortijoRomero.Website.Footer'. etc"
even though I have rebuilt it dozens of times and published it in every way
possible.
It is a site which worked for years. i upgraded from 1.1 to 2 in the spring
and it was fine.

However I put it on another server and it works perfectly
so i know the code is compiled and there are no script errors.

What i don't know is why this should happen. I don't know
what do about it about this or the client I am about to lose.

thanks

jc

===============
Jonathan Crawford
jc@tgsi.net
===============

2 Answers

darrel

Maybe I'm asking the obvious, but are you SURE you uploaded the proper DLL
to the server that's not working? Is the directory set to be an application
on the server within IIS? Have you fully deleted the DLLs from the bad site,
then re-uploaded them?

_Darrel

"Jonathan Crawford" <jc@jcrawford.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
>
> I have a visual studio 2008 website in .net 2
>
> It won't work on its own site
> "Parser Error Message: Could not load type
> 'Tgsi.CortijoRomero.Website.Footer'. etc"
> even though I have rebuilt it dozens of times and published it in every
> way possible.
> It is a site which worked for years. i upgraded from 1.1 to 2 in the
> spring
> and it was fine.
>
> However I put it on another server and it works perfectly
> so i know the code is compiled and there are no script errors.
>
> What i don't know is why this should happen. I don't know
> what do about it about this or the client I am about to lose.
>
> thanks
>
> jc
>
> ===============
> Jonathan Crawford
> jc@tgsi.net

Patrice

So the DLL that contains the 'Tgsi.CortijoRomero.Website.Footer' type is not
installed...

IMO the first step would be to check which DLL is supposed to provide this
type to your app. Is this DLL part of the site deployment or is it is
supposed to have been installed previously in the GAC for example ?

--
Patrice

de discussion : #uqx0qv$IHA.4212@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl...