microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

StackPanel for .Net 2.0

Rotlaus

is there something like a StackPanel from WPF for the normal Windows
Forms Library?
I have to update a .Net 2.0 Application with a better User Interface,
but .Net3.5 is not possible,
because the application has to run on Windows 2000.

Thanks, for your help,

Andre
5 Answers

Pavel Minaev

On Aug 13, 3:48 pm, Rotlaus <rotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> is there something like a StackPanel from WPF for the normal Windows
> Forms Library?
> I have to update a .Net 2.0 Application with a better User Interface,
> but .Net3.5 is not possible,
> because the application has to run on Windows 2000.

FlowLayoutPanel is probably the closest (just don't forget to set
AutoSize to true, and AutoSizeMode to GrowAndShrink), though single-
column/row TableLayoutPanel can also be used. All in all, though,
WinForms layouts are a pain to work with (particularly from within the
visual editor).

Rotlaus

On 13 Aug., 14:03, Pavel Minaev <int...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Aug 13, 3:48 pm, Rotlaus <rotl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > is there something like a StackPanel from WPF for the normal Windows
> > Forms Library?
> > I have to update a .Net 2.0 Application with a better User Interface,
> > but .Net3.5 is not possible,
> > because the application has to run on Windows 2000.
>
> FlowLayoutPanel is probably the closest (just don't forget to set
> AutoSize to true, and AutoSizeMode to GrowAndShrink), though single-
> column/row TableLayoutPanel can also be used. All in all, though,
> WinForms layouts are a pain to work with (particularly from within the
> visual editor).

I would love to use Xaml and WPF, but as there is this requirement
for
Win2000 i have no choice.

Alex Clark

>>I would love to use Xaml and WPF, but as there is this requirement
>>for
>>Win2000 i have no choice.

Are you sure 3.5 isn't supported on Windows 2000? I haven't seen the system
requirements for it, but I'm relatively certain that Silverlight 2.0 is
going to be Win2K compatible, so I'd be surprised if 3.5 isn't.

Henning Krause [MVP - Exchange]

..NET 3.0 and .NET 3.5 are definitely not supported on W2k.

Kind regards,
Henning Krause

On Aug 14, 12:24 am, "Alex Clark" <qua...@noemail.noemail> wrote:
> >>I would love to use Xaml and WPF, but as there is this requirement
> >>for
> >>Win2000 i have no choice.
>
> Are you sure 3.5 isn't supported on Windows 2000?  I haven't seen the system
> requirements for it, but I'm relatively certain that Silverlight 2.0 is
> going to be Win2K compatible, so I'd be surprised if 3.5 isn't.

Silverlight is not .NET 3.5, it has its own version of the runtime.
3.5 requires XP as a minimum. One can install 2.0 SP1 or SP2 (which
are parts of 3.5 and 3.5 SP1, respectively) on Win2K, but they don't
include any of the 3.x bits.