microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

MSDataShape provider and transactions

G.S.

8/11/2008 8:00:00 PM

A SHAPE command, executed via MSDataShape-provider connection doesn't
seem to be able to participate implicitly in an ongoing transaction.

Trying to explicitly enlist the connection into the ambient
transaction throws the following exception:
"The ITransactionLocal interface is not supported by the 'MSDataShape'
provider.
Local transactions are unavailable with the current provider."

Is there a way to make MSDataShape-provider connection participate in
a transaction?

It seems pretty strange to me that MSDataShape-connections cannot
participate in transactions. I must be doing something wrong.

Thank you