microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Programmatically retrieving email from server

Yash Ganthe

Just as we use the System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient class for
programmatically sending emails through an SMTP server, what can we
use for receiving emails from a POP3 server. We want to mimic a mail
client that reads messages from the mail server but retains them on
the server.
This is actually for an application that parses emails to derive
content.

Thanks,
Yash
1 Answer

Pavel Minaev

On Aug 11, 2:30 pm, Yashgt <yas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Just as we use the System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient class for
> programmatically sending emails through an SMTP server, what can we
> use for receiving emails from a POP3 server. We want to mimic a mail
> client that reads messages from the mail server but retains them on
> the server.
> This is actually for an application that parses emails to derive
> content.

"The .NET Framework does not offer POP3 or MIME support. For those of
you who need it, this article provides support for both POP3 and
MIME.":

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/IP/NetPopMimeC...