microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

windows "search" crash with .net framework 2

Boein

strange problem. After installing Dotnet FW 2.0 the search button in
windows explorer causes a crash resulting in an explorer shell restart. If I
uninstall dotnet FW the crash is gone. I have an application that needs
dotnet FW 2.0 so uninstalling is not an option. I also discovered that the
dll mscorwks.dll might be responsible for the crash. If I copy the dotnet FW
1.4 over the one in the dotnet FW 2.0 the crash is gone, but then my other
application fails because it has the wrong dll. Anybody suggestions how to
fix this?
Also what is causing the explorer's search function to use a certain dll
from the .net framework, is it possible to make explorer-search use another
dll the 1.4 instead of the 2.0 version? Installing 3.5 also doesn't help...

Thanks
Boein
1 Answer

rt7007

I am experiencing the same problem. Search crashes Explorer.exe and dot Net
2.0 applications fail. Reinstalled dot Net 2.0 and removed other applications
hoping to find a conflict, but the problem persists. Does anyone have any
experience with this problem or any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!