microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

WCF Selfhost - transport security

sunny

8/5/2008 9:07:00 PM

Hey All

I am using WCF self host with transport security. I used the https for
the metadata as well and have trusted trial certificates and i have
done the following:

<serviceCredentials>
<serviceCertificate findValue="testcertificate"
storeLocation="LocalMachine"
storeName="My" x509FindType="FindBySubjectName" />
</serviceCredentials>

but the problem is that i can not use testcertificate i get following
warning when i try to add service refence:
The security certificate for host 'testcertificate' does not match the
name of the page you are trying to view.

So what i thought was to have a test certificate named localhost and
updates the certificate bindings using httpcfg.

<serviceCredentials>
<serviceCertificate findValue="localhost"
storeLocation="LocalMachine"
storeName="My" x509FindType="FindBySubjectName" />
</serviceCredentials>

I get following error when i tried to update meta data:
There was an error downloading 'https://localhost:8012/MyService'.
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on
a send.
Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the
transport stream.
Metadata contains a reference that cannot be resolved: 'https://
localhost:8012/MyService'.
An error occurred while making the HTTP request to https://localhost:8012/MyService.
This could be due to the fact that the server certificate is not
configured properly with HTTP.SYS in the HTTPS case. This could also
be caused by a mismatch of the security binding between the client and
the server.
The underlying connection was closed: An unexpected error occurred on
a send.
Authentication failed because the remote party has closed the
transport stream.
If the service is defined in the current solution, try building the
solution and adding the service reference again.

i tried various things on net but unsuccessful... plz help....

thanks
sunny