microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

User Interface, Services ??

Subrato

7/31/2008 3:38:00 AM

Hello, Here is something I am trying to achieve. Please advice me
what all is possible and how I go about it.
I have an app which currently runs when someone double clicks it. Then
in the app itself, there is a button to create a new modem connection
(Modem is connected to serial port and modem is communicating via RS
232). I would like to automate the whole thing so that whenever the
machine is started this app starts up, looks up the config file and
see what port is selected in the config file and starts to listen on
that port.

I was thinking to make this as a service but then realized that I cant
make it a service as I have UI for this app and I cant remove the UI
and make it a complete Windows Service.

Please advice

Thanks,
Subrato
1 Answer

Family Tree Mike

Look at the atached url to start a software product at startup:

http://support.microsoft.com...