unknown

7/21/2008 6:21:00 PM

Hello,

Do you have an idea when VS2008 SP1 will be RTM ? I have to create a new
image of my PC and I'd like include SP1 RTM.

Regards,

2 Answers

Jani J?rvinen [MVP]

Hello Gabriel,

I'm not aware of any specific date, but would expect to get the update quite
soon.

Nonetheless, if I would be in your situation (and your process of taking the
image is light), I'd take one image now, and then another once the SP1 comes
out. I'd put security and backup before the inconvenience of taking another
image.

Hope this helps!

--
Regards,

Mr. Jani Järvinen
C# MVP
Vantaa, Finland
janij@removethis.dystopia.fi
http://www.saunalahti...

Frans Bouma [C# MVP]

Jani Järvinen [MVP] wrote:
> Hello Gabriel,
>
> I'm not aware of any specific date, but would expect to get the update quite
> soon.
>
> Nonetheless, if I would be in your situation (and your process of taking the
> image is light), I'd take one image now, and then another once the SP1 comes
> out. I'd put security and backup before the inconvenience of taking another
> image.

Rumour has it that everything is released in October (SP1, Sqlserver
2008 etc.) but again, it's a rumour.

FB

Lead developer of LLBLGen Pro, the productive O/R mapper for .NET
LLBLGen Pro website: http://www.l...
My .NET blog: http://weblogs.asp....
Microsoft MVP (C#)