microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

log4net error with RollingFileAppender

chatuk

7/20/2008 4:08:00 PM

Hello,

I have setup log4net with rolling file appender as per the config
below:

<appender name="RollingFile"
<file value="V:\SSIS\Logs\PackageExecution.log" />
<appendToFile value="true" />
<maximumFileSize value="100KB" />
<maxSizeRollBackups value="2" />
<conversionPattern value="%date %-5level
[%-30property{PackageName}] %-30property{SourceName} - %message
Package Execution Guid: [%property{PackageExecutionGuid}]. Batch ID:
[%property{BatchId}]. Event/Error Code: [%property{ErrorCode}]
%newline" />
</layout>
</appender>

it was working quite well up until two days ago when we started
getting the error

"log4net:ERROR RollingFileAppender: INTERNAL ERROR. Append is False
but OutputFile [V:\SSIS\Logs\PackageExecution.log] already exists"

Considering that appendToFile is set to "true", I can't seem to fathom
why would log4net throw the above mentioned exception.

I would be very grateful if someone can shed any light on the problem.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Regards
Keshav
3 Answers

Roy Estrada

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> "editor@netpath.net" <editor@netpath.net> wrote in news:c5819619-6279-4b11-
> 991a-c83919479fcb@f19g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:
>

>>I'll bet every black motorist hassled for "driving while black" even
>>though he is an innocent middle-class guy on his way back from the
>>mall would consider jury nullification in that case - and that many
>>middle-class, middle-aged European-Americans fed up with seatbelt
>>checkpoints also would.
>>

> I've never been stopped at a seatbelt checkpoint and don't understand how
> they work.

Figures.
Anyway, your licence had been revoked LONG before they had "seat belt
check points."

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS

Roy Estrada <TheMothers@bass.gov> wrote in

> Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>
>> "editor@netpath.net" <editor@netpath.net> wrote in
>> 991a-c83919479fcb@f19g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:
>>

>>>I'll bet every black motorist hassled for "driving while black" even
>>>though he is an innocent middle-class guy on his way back from the
>>>mall would consider jury nullification in that case - and that many
>>>middle-class, middle-aged European-Americans fed up with seatbelt
>>>checkpoints also would.
>>>

>> I've never been stopped at a seatbelt checkpoint and don't understand
>> how they work.
>
> Figures.
> Anyway, your licence had been revoked LONG before they had "seat
> belt
> check points."

Hey stupid. My license has never been revoked. Been driving all my adult
life.!!

Roy Estrada

Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:

> Roy Estrada <TheMothers@bass.gov> wrote in
>

>>Speeders & Drunk Drivers are MURDERERS wrote:
>>

>>>"editor@netpath.net" <editor@netpath.net> wrote in
>>>991a-c83919479fcb@f19g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:

>>>I've never been stopped at a seatbelt checkpoint and don't understand
>>>how they work.
>>
>>Figures.
>> Anyway, your licence had been revoked LONG before they had "seat
>> belt
>>check points."

> Hey stupid. My license has never been revoked. Been driving all my adult
> life.!!

Name calling?
First of all, yer a liar. (or prove it by posting an image of your
current license.
Second, you are still not an adult.