microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

see all dotnet interview questions

6 Answers

mange@merde.com

On Jul 25, 8:56 am, Major Debacle <Major_Debacle@the_Patagonia.mil>
wrote:

> Drilling for oil in the US is not going to make oil cheaper. There is
> not enough of it left in the ground to impact oil prices, and what's
> there won't make it to market for ten years, even if drilling starts
> tomorrow.

I thought we were to supposed to run out of oil in 1970?????

Now we have more than ever!

I guess the "Al Gore" scientists during the 70s were wrong???

Bill Bonde { ''Well, boys, I reckon this is it, nuclear combat toe to toe with the Roosskies'')

Major Debacle wrote:

> Bill Bonde { ''Mr Gore, tear down this wall'') wrote:
> >
> > Major Debacle wrote:
> >> Why do Republicans want to drill for the last pools of America's oil
> >> while those in the Middle East are awash in the stuff that they are
> >> willing to sell us for worthless American dollars?
> >>
> >> We give them worthless American dollars.
> >>
> >> They give us valuable oil.
> >>
> >> Burn their oil up first.
> >>
> >> *Then* drill for what's left in America.
> >>
> > So you are willing to destroy America's economy shipping dollars to
> > the Middle East until they won't take them just because you want to
> > leave oil in the ground in the US?
>
> Drilling for oil in the US is not going to make oil cheaper.

I doubt that oil will be much cheaper because of its cost to
extract. I don't care about that, I care about the balance of
trade.

> There is
> not enough of it left in the ground to impact oil prices, and what's
> there won't make it to market for ten years, even if drilling starts
> tomorrow.

I suspect that drilling in earnest would lower prices because a lot
of what's happening now is psychological.

> And besides, it doesn't matter where the dollars go to pay for the oil.
> The Saudis have to spend that money eventually if they are to realize
> any value from the sale of their oil.

This is like saying that it's OK to be broke because some other guy
is super rich.

> Billions of those dollars find
> their way back to America. How do you suppose that all those palaces
> sprung up in the desert?

They find their way back by buying up American assets. Do you want
that?

> Boeing would lose billions without petrodollars fueling the sale of
> their aircraft.

Boeing is an export positive company. That's good. Let's see if the
Americans can reduce the amount of importing.

> Countless big, medium and small enterprises in America depend on the
> business of those who sell us oil.

That's fine, just *balance* the balance of trade.

--
"Bender, where did you get that bird?"

"I found it lying in the street, like all the food I cook."

Bender, "Futurama"

Eddie Haskell

"mange@merde.com" <fosterfla@gmail.com> wrote in message
On Jul 25, 8:56 am, Major Debacle <Major_Debacle@the_Patagonia.mil>
wrote:

Sorry mange - gonna piggy-back off your post 'cause Debacle isn't showing up
on my end.

> Drilling for oil in the US is not going to make oil cheaper.

Merely the announcement that we are going to drill would have speculators
driving down the price.

> There is
> not enough of it left in the ground to impact oil prices

We don't know how much is in the ground because the offshore ban is a ban on
exploration as well.

>, and what's
> there won't make it to market for ten years, even if drilling starts
> tomorrow.

It wouldn't take that long. Alternatives will take longer, and that
something takes time is not an excuse for not doing it. You going to apply
that same illogic to alternative as well?

Now, come clean and tell us why you want high oil prices.

-Eddie Haskell

OneTwoThree

"Major Debacle" <Major_Debacle@the_Patagonia.mil> wrote in message
> Bill Bonde { ''Mr Gore, tear down this wall'') wrote:
>>
>> Major Debacle wrote:
>>> Why do Republicans want to drill for the last pools of America's oil
>>> while those in the Middle East are awash in the stuff that they are
>>> willing to sell us for worthless American dollars?
>>>
>>> We give them worthless American dollars.
>>>
>>> They give us valuable oil.
>>>
>>> Burn their oil up first.
>>>
>>> *Then* drill for what's left in America.
>>>
>> So you are willing to destroy America's economy shipping dollars to
>> the Middle East until they won't take them just because you want to
>> leave oil in the ground in the US?
>
> Drilling for oil in the US is not going to make oil cheaper. There is not
> enough of it left in the ground to impact oil prices, and what's there
> won't make it to market for ten years, even if drilling starts tomorrow.

hmmm.... let's see - 90 BILLION barrels in the arctic. the Bakken oil field,
where estimates BEGIN at 200 billion barrels. We're not even counting
offshore, shale, tar sand, coal, and other oddball sources for oil.

> And besides, it doesn't matter where the dollars go to pay for the oil.
> The Saudis have to spend that money eventually if they are to realize any
> value from the sale of their oil. Billions of those dollars find their way
> back to America. How do you suppose that all those palaces sprung up in
> the desert?

yes but think if even half of that money remained here to create jobs HERE?

think of all the evil capitalist wars we would not have to wage to steal oil
from elsewhere.

think of the prosperity HERE.

something wrong with that?

> http://media-cdn.tripadvisor.com/media/photo-s/00/14/f7/cf...
>
> http://oleglysinger.net/resources/dubai_marin...
>
> http://www.motherjones.com/commentary/columns/2005/07/sinister_para...
>
> http://sniper1980.googlepages.com/dubai_...
>
> Boeing would lose billions without petrodollars fueling the sale of their
> aircraft.
>
> Countless big, medium and small enterprises in America depend on the
> business of those who sell us oil.
>
> --
> Output from Prudhoe Bay peaked in 1998 at 2 million barrels per day.
> Today, less than 700,000 barrels a day are being pumped south.
>
> Total production from 1977 through 2005 was 13 billion barrels. As of
> August 2006, BP estimated that only 2 billion recoverable barrels remain.
>
> Prudhoe Bay is running dry.

OneTwoThree

<tributyltinpaint@yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message

> Major Debacle wrote:
>>
>> Bill Bonde { ''Mr Gore, tear down this wall'') wrote:

>> > So you are willing to destroy America's economy shipping dollars to
>> > the Middle East until they won't take them just because you want to
>> > leave oil in the ground in the US?
>>
>> Drilling for oil in the US is not going to make oil cheaper.
>>
> I doubt that oil will be much cheaper because of its cost to
> extract. I don't care about that, I care about the balance of
> trade.
>

>> There is
>> not enough of it left in the ground to impact oil prices, and what's
>> there won't make it to market for ten years, even if drilling starts
>> tomorrow.
>>
> I suspect that drilling in earnest would lower prices because a lot
> of what's happening now is psychological.
>

>> And besides, it doesn't matter where the dollars go to pay for the oil.
>> The Saudis have to spend that money eventually if they are to realize
>> any value from the sale of their oil.
>>
> This is like saying that it's OK to be broke because some other guy
> is super rich.
>

>> Billions of those dollars find
>> their way back to America. How do you suppose that all those palaces
>> sprung up in the desert?
>>
> They find their way back by buying up American assets. Do you want
> that?
>

>> Boeing would lose billions without petrodollars fueling the sale of
>> their aircraft.
>>
> Boeing is an export positive company. That's good. Let's see if the
> Americans can reduce the amount of importing.
>

>> Countless big, medium and small enterprises in America depend on the
>> business of those who sell us oil.
>>
> That's fine, just *balance* the balance of trade.

like any one trick pony, Deb is incapable of seeing anything outside of his
box. he needs take inspiration from Obama. YES WE CAN!

> --
> "Bender, where did you get that bird?"
>
> "I found it lying in the street, like all the food I cook."
>
> Bender, "Futurama"

OneTwoThree

"Eddie Haskell" <hheh@rrat.com> wrote in message

> "mange@merde.com" <fosterfla@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jul 25, 8:56 am, Major Debacle <Major_Debacle@the_Patagonia.mil>
> wrote:
>
> Sorry mange - gonna piggy-back off your post 'cause Debacle isn't showing
> up on my end.
>
>> Drilling for oil in the US is not going to make oil cheaper.
>
> Merely the announcement that we are going to drill would have speculators
> driving down the price.

already has happened

>> There is
>> not enough of it left in the ground to impact oil prices
>
> We don't know how much is in the ground because the offshore ban is a ban
> on exploration as well.

liberals know.... just ask 'em

>>, and what's
>> there won't make it to market for ten years, even if drilling starts
>> tomorrow.
>
> It wouldn't take that long. Alternatives will take longer, and that
> something takes time is not an excuse for not doing it. You going to apply
> that same illogic to alternative as well?

of course not. solar is magic and will appear out of thin air, fully
deployed, if only enough of us say the magic words

> Now, come clean and tell us why you want high oil prices.

cuz they love the way the poor are kept trapped in their neighborhoods
because they cant afford to drive any more. liberals love it when the poor
are unable to mix in with them.