microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

getprocessbyname permission on remote

brickhouse

7/9/2008 5:48:00 PM

Can anyone tell what permissions I would need set in order to use the
getprocessbyname to access a remote server. I have a VB application
that works good accessing a XP server from my PC but there are two
other servers that give me access denied. The fact that I can access
one server but not the others tells me that the code works fine and
that there must be something on the other servers for permissions or
possibily something else not set correctly.

Imports System.Diagnostics
Imports System.ComponentModel
Public Class Form1

' ProcessMonitor()
Sub ProcessMonitor()
' GetProcessesByName(), our victim is Notepad...
Dim processes() As Process =
Process.GetProcessesByName("notepad", "10.10.30.30")

' Found something?
If processes.Length > 0 Then
Dim cnt As Integer
TextBox1.Text = Format(processes(cnt).WorkingSet64 / 1024,
"0,0")

End If ' If processes.Length > 0 Then
End Sub
7 Answers

GO Mavs

"Tom Mason" <tmaso@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> Oh the humanity
>
> Go find some other bullshit cause to cry about

Ahh...

NPR is now shut down and will recieve no public dollars because its mostly
liberal..

I CAN HEAR THE OUTCRY NOW....

Bokonon

"GO Mavs" <GoMavs@MavZ.com> wrote in message

> NPR is now shut down and will recieve no public dollars because its mostly
> liberal..

NPR is neither liberal nor conservative.

Are you ready to admit you lied about WIOR's ratings?

--
"History! Read it and weep!"
-Bokonon

GO Mavs

"Bokonon" <seattledemocracy@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> "GO Mavs" <GoMavs@MavZ.com> wrote in message
>
>> NPR is now shut down and will recieve no public dollars because its
>> mostly liberal..
>
> NPR is neither liberal nor conservative.

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL......

> Are you ready to admit you lied about WIOR's ratings?

Your statement before this one shows what a bozo you are. And no, I didnt
lie. I shouldnt have to clarify that I am talking about news based stations.

>> NPR is neither liberal nor conservative.
>
> LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL......

Uncontrollable laughter and pathological lying are signs of mental illness.

You should seek help.

--
"History! Read it and weep!"
-Bokonon
When your only tool is a hammer, everything looks like a nail.

robw

No one is shutting the station down.

People are making a decision.

And how will this change their programming?

"GO Mavs" <GoMavs@MavZ.com> wrote in message

> "Tom Mason" <tmaso@socal.rr.com> wrote in message
> > Oh the humanity
> >
> > Go find some other bullshit cause to cry about
>
> Ahh...
>
> NPR is now shut down and will recieve no public dollars because its mostly
> liberal..
>
> I CAN HEAR THE OUTCRY NOW....

robw

Have you actually ever heard NPR?

"GO Mavs" <GoMavs@MavZ.com> wrote in message

> "Bokonon" <seattledemocracy@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "GO Mavs" <GoMavs@MavZ.com> wrote in message
> >
> >> NPR is now shut down and will recieve no public dollars because its
> >> mostly liberal..
> >
> > NPR is neither liberal nor conservative.
>
> LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL......
>
> > Are you ready to admit you lied about WIOR's ratings?
>
> Your statement before this one shows what a bozo you are. And no, I didnt
> lie. I shouldnt have to clarify that I am talking about news based
stations.

Phlip

> Have you actually ever heard NPR?

You may want to give a special hard listen to all the tools-of-the-Man
corporations that underwrite, sponsor, and support their broadcasts...

--
Phlip
http://flea.sourceforge.net/Pigleg...