microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

WPF/XAML Relative Sizes

Savage

7/9/2008 2:28:00 PM

If there's a group specific to the Presentation Foundation I apologize ahead
of time. I'm not aware of one.

Is it possible scale child objects to relative sizes using XAML only?

For example; I draw an ellipse on a canvas. I want the ellipse to be 10% of
the canvas width or height (whichever is less).

3 Answers

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

A transform should work for you here.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
Download OWC Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $15.00
Need a free copy of VSTS 2008 w/ MSDN Premium?
http://msmvps.com/blogs/alvin/De...

"Savage" <xxx_savagelover@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> If there's a group specific to the Presentation Foundation I apologize
> ahead of time. I'm not aware of one.
>
> Is it possible scale child objects to relative sizes using XAML only?
>
> For example; I draw an ellipse on a canvas. I want the ellipse to be 10%
> of the canvas width or height (whichever is less).

Nickname unavailable

On May 17, 8:27 pm, Harold Burton <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> In article
> <1a0ac602-2879-484e-8b58-ec4e6e5e3...@ri8g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
>  Bret Cahill <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
>
> > 10.  Tire biters would be out there making billions but they have
> > given up worldly material wealth to snap at tires.
>
> > 9.  I can't type any more.  #10 has me laughing too hard!
>
> Based on the above Bret is a tire biter.
>
> snicker

at least we do not hate WWII vets, and call them war criminals.

Harold Burton

In article
<28f1b9df-8333-49af-92d9-086c3b2be028@n9g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
Nickname unavailable <Video61@tcq.net> wrote:

> On May 17, 8:27 pm, Harold Burton <hal.i.bur...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <1a0ac602-2879-484e-8b58-ec4e6e5e3...@ri8g2000pbc.googlegroups.com>,
> >  Bret Cahill <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
> >
> > > 10.  Tire biters would be out there making billions but they have
> > > given up worldly material wealth to snap at tires.
> >
> > > 9.  I can't type any more.  #10 has me laughing too hard!
> >
> > Based on the above Bret is a tire biter.
> >
> > snicker
>

> at least we do not hate WWII vets, and call them war criminals.

That had to wait for Vietnam.

snicker