microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Cannot Authenticate using TcpClientChannel to a workgroup Server

dgcooper

7/3/2008 5:50:00 PM

I am able to connect to a remote TcpServerChannel from a Workgroup PC to a
Domain Server using the domain name in the credientials. However, I cannot
connect a Domain PC to a Workgroup Server. I used the Workgroup Server's
name as the domain name but it does not work.

What should I use as the domain name for a Domain TcpClientChannel
connecting to a TcpServerChannel in a Workgroup?

6 Answers

Ciaran O''Donnell

Normally workgroup user accounts are local accounts, so the domain will be
the machine name you are connecting to.

Give it a try.

--
Ciaran O''Donnell
http://wannabedeveloper.space...

"dgcooper" wrote:

> I am able to connect to a remote TcpServerChannel from a Workgroup PC to a
> Domain Server using the domain name in the credientials. However, I cannot
> connect a Domain PC to a Workgroup Server. I used the Workgroup Server's
> name as the domain name but it does not work.
>
> What should I use as the domain name for a Domain TcpClientChannel
> connecting to a TcpServerChannel in a Workgroup?

dgcooper

I found the problem, I needed to disable Simple File Sharing on the Server
Machine

Thanks for your help

"Ciaran O''Donnell" wrote:

> Normally workgroup user accounts are local accounts, so the domain will be
> the machine name you are connecting to.
>
> Give it a try.
>
> --
> Ciaran O''Donnell
> http://wannabedeveloper.space...
>

> "dgcooper" wrote:
>
> > I am able to connect to a remote TcpServerChannel from a Workgroup PC to a
> > Domain Server using the domain name in the credientials. However, I cannot
> > connect a Domain PC to a Workgroup Server. I used the Workgroup Server's
> > name as the domain name but it does not work.
> >
> > What should I use as the domain name for a Domain TcpClientChannel
> > connecting to a TcpServerChannel in a Workgroup?

Eddie Haskell

"Ray Fischer" <rfischer@sonic.net> wrote in message
> Eddie Haskell <lgmnc@sawq.com> wrote:

>>> In rightard world providing people health care causes them to die
>>> while denying them health care causes them to live.
>>>
>>> The insanity of the rightard.
>>
>>In the leftard world, rationing care,
>
> Such as when rightards ration care by simply denying the poor any
> access to health care.

The poor have Medicaid, moron.

>> fewer doctors,
>
> Such as when the rightards eliminate education funding and insurance
> companies cut doctors' payments.

No, because fewer people will go into a profession run by the government,
moron.

>> higher rates,
>
> Such as when insurance companies raise rates in order to collect
> proficts and spend hundreds of billions of dollars on bureaucracy.

And of course under Husseincare that won't happen and rates will go down,
and not up faster than theyother wise would have.

"My proposal would bring down the cost of healthcare for millions -
families, businesses, and the federal government,"

-Hussein, March, 2010

Hussein Press Conference - Sept, 10 2010:

QUESTION - the CMS study from February predicted a 6.1 percent increase, and
now, post-health care, 6.3 percent. So it seems to have bent it up.

THE PRESIDENT: No, as I said, Jake, the - I haven't read the entire study.
Maybe you have. But if you - if what - the reports are true, what they're
saying is, is that as a consequence of us getting 30 million additional
people health care, at the margins that's going to increase our costs, we
knew that. We didn't think that we were going to cover 30 million people for
free.

-Hussein

>> fewer
>>covered,
>
> Such as the 40,000,000 people with NO coverage thanks to corporations.

Lie.

The uninsured:

9,000,000 Millionaires
27,000,000 people who make more than $50,000 per year, but choose not to get
insurance
22,000,000 Young adults who can afford insurance, but choose not to
14,000,000 People who can already get medicaid, but choose not to
11,000,000 Illegal Immigrants
23,000,000 People who are actually insured.
>> death panels,
>
> Such as treatment stopped when corporations refuse to pay any more.

Medicare denies more procedures than any private insurance company, moron.

>> less innovation,
>
> Such as when rightards cut basic research.

Lie.

>> (did I leave anything out?)
>
> You left out the fact that you're screeching about YOUR OWN AGENDA!

Wtf..?

> Why do you hate Americans, asshole?

I'm not the one that wants people to die because of rationing and death
panels, moron. Why do you want to die?

-Eddie Haskell

Yoorghis

On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:49:44 -0500, "Eddie Haskell" <lgmnc@sawq.com>
wrote:

>> Such as when rightards ration care by simply denying the poor any
>> access to health care.
>
>The poor have Medicaid, moron.

YOU have to pay for it, you dumb shit.

YOU (and everyone else) who can afford insurance pays for them

YOU (and everyone else) Pays what the fucking Insurance company says
you'll pay---no argument.

Eddie Haskell

<Yoorghis@Jurgis.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 25 Oct 2010 12:49:44 -0500, "Eddie Haskell" <lgmnc@sawq.com>
> wrote:
>
>>> Such as when rightards ration care by simply denying the poor any
>>> access to health care.
>>
>>The poor have Medicaid, moron.
>
> YOU have to pay for it, you dumb shit.

So fucking what, average 85 IQ boy?

-Eddie Haskell

rfischer

Eddie Haskell <lgmnc@sawq.com> wrote:

>"Ray Fischer" <rfischer@sonic.net> wrote in message
>> Eddie Haskell <lgmnc@sawq.com> wrote:

>>>In the leftard world, rationing care,
>>
>> Such as when rightards ration care by simply denying the poor any
>> access to health care.
>
>The poor have Medicaid, moron.

That's a stupid lie even for a rightard moron like you.

>>> fewer doctors,
>>
>> Such as when the rightards eliminate education funding and insurance
>> companies cut doctors' payments.
>
>No,

Stop lying, rightard.

>>> higher rates,
>>
>> Such as when insurance companies raise rates in order to collect
>> profits and spend hundreds of billions of dollars on bureaucracy.
>
>And of course under Husseincare

Rightard bigot.

--
Ray Fischer