microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Customize Logging output from Enterprise Library 3.1

olduncleamos

7/1/2008 10:07:00 PM

Hi all,

I have a console app, written in .Net 2.0, that I need to customize
its exception logging capability. I need to output the exception log
to a text file on a specific directory determined during run time. The
log content needs to be customized as well so that probably only the
root exception message is being captured.

I thought that would have been easy to do using the Enterprise
Library. I am probably doing it wrong but it seems like I have to
customize the ExceptionHandler, TextFormatter,
LoggingExceptionHandlerData, ... etc.

I would like to know the general steps to accomplish this (i.e. which
classes to override, what to change in the configuration file from a
basic log to file configuration).

Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have been spinning the wheels
for a lot longer than I have expected already.
1 Answer

prabhupr

Have you tried Log4Net? Its free :)