Web services and larger files

Luke A. Kanies

khaines

On Thursday 07 July 2005 3:57 pm, Luke Kanies wrote:

> I've successfully got my client and server talking to each other for
> small tasks, but I'm trying to expand to being able to pass (sometimes
> large) files around and I've run into what seems almost like a
> fundamental problem.

Boy. I'm not sure if I am going to be able to help you, but I'll take a look
at the code you posted links to in your followup message.

However, I did want to pipe up and say that I have code that is regularly
being used to pass files over the wire as large as 100 megabytes, with no
problems. This is a web based application, and works just fine in three
different scenarios that I have tested:

1) Webrick -> application thread
2) Apache/mod_ruby -> seperate ruby process
3) Lighttpd -> FCGI proxy (written in Ruby) -> seperate ruby process

Kirk Haines

Luke A. Kanies

Luke A. Kanies

NAKAMURA, Hiroshi