Re: modifying pickaxe 2 pdf

Peña, Botp

7/6/2005 12:31:00 AM

Sascha Ebach [mailto:se@digitale-wertschoepfung.de] wrote:

#> Is the pickaxe 2 pdf modifiable? I want to put notes, extra
#samples, links,
#> references, etc... and maybe include interactive forms
#(think acrobat v7)...
#>
#> (do not worry, i haven't bought the pdf yet and the acrobat pro :)
#
#I just gave it a quick try and it worked. I used the Note Tool and the
#Highlight Tool.

Thanks Sascha.
Second thought: is it legal to change it? It should be as long as i don't
distribute it, right?

thanks and kind regards -botp

#
#Sascha
#

1 Answer

Dave Thomas

On Jul 5, 2005, at 7:31 PM, Peña, Botp wrote:
> Second thought: is it legal to change it? It should be as long as i
> don't
> distribute it, right?

Feel free to annotate to your heart's content. If you had a paper book,
we wouldn't stop you writing in the margins. Why would we stop you with
a PDF?

As you say, it would be wrong to _distribute_ your PDF (annotated or
not), but what you do with it in the privacy of your own home is your
business :)

Regards

Dave