[ANN] RubyConf 2005 Registration now open

Chad Fowler

7/5/2005 3:30:00 PM

Hello everyone,

We are pleased to announce that registration for this year's
International Ruby Conference is now open at http://www.rub....

The agenda has been posted at http://www.rub...agenda.html. It
looks to be one of the most exciting programs to date.
Pre-registration numbers are amazingly high in contrast to years past.
All signs point to this year's conference standing out as a turning
point.

Due to potentially high attendance, it's advisable to make hotel
reservations early (see registration page for details).

If you would like to sponsor RubyConf, please see
http://www.rubycentral.o.... We are looking for sponsors for a
number of items, including meals and travel arrangements for Matz.
O'Reilly (http://www.o...) has generously agreed to sponsor
lunch on the opening day of the conference.

Looking forward to seeing you there!

Chad Fowler
David Black
Rich Kilmer

Ruby Central, Inc.
http://www.rubyc...

8 Answers

Hal E. Fulton

Chad Fowler wrote:

> We are pleased to announce that registration for this year's
> International Ruby Conference is now open at http://www.rub....

Wonderful news! The time draws ever nearer...

> The agenda has been posted at http://www.rub...agenda.html. It
> looks to be one of the most exciting programs to date.

A minor nit -- wouldn't it have been a good idea to inform people first
by email when their proposals were/weren't accepted?

> Pre-registration numbers are amazingly high in contrast to years past.
> All signs point to this year's conference standing out as a turning
> point.
>
> Due to potentially high attendance, it's advisable to make hotel
> reservations early (see registration page for details).

I'll register early -- don't want to hitchhike so much as last year. ;)

Hal

Eric Hodel

On 05 Jul 2005, at 16:29, Hal Fulton wrote:

> Chad Fowler wrote:
>
>> The agenda has been posted at http://www.rub...
>> agenda.html. It
>> looks to be one of the most exciting programs to date.
>
> A minor nit -- wouldn't it have been a good idea to inform people
> first
> by email when their proposals were/weren't accepted?

I got my acceptance email a week ago or so.

--
Eric Hodel - drbrain@segment7.net - http://se...
FEC2 57F1 D465 EB15 5D6E 7C11 332A 551C 796C 9F04

Curt Hibbs

Eric Hodel wrote:
> On 05 Jul 2005, at 16:29, Hal Fulton wrote:
>
>> Chad Fowler wrote:
>>
>>> The agenda has been posted at http://www.rub... agenda.html. It
>>> looks to be one of the most exciting programs to date.
>>

>> A minor nit -- wouldn't it have been a good idea to inform people first
>> by email when their proposals were/weren't accepted?
>

> I got my acceptance email a week ago or so.

And I got my rejection email a couple weeks ago.

Curt

Chad Fowler

On 7/5/05, Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com> wrote:
> Chad Fowler wrote:
> >
> > We are pleased to announce that registration for this year's
> > International Ruby Conference is now open at http://www.rub....
>
> Wonderful news! The time draws ever nearer...
>
> > The agenda has been posted at http://www.rub...agenda.html. It
> > looks to be one of the most exciting programs to date.
>
> A minor nit -- wouldn't it have been a good idea to inform people first
> by email when their proposals were/weren't accepted?

Hal, we did. We didn't get a proposal from you. Did you think you
had submitted one?

--
Chad Fowler
http://chad...

Hal E. Fulton

Chad Fowler wrote:
> On 7/5/05, Hal Fulton <hal9000@hypermetrics.com> wrote:
>
>>Chad Fowler wrote:
>>
>>>We are pleased to announce that registration for this year's
>>>International Ruby Conference is now open at http://www.rub....
>>
>>Wonderful news! The time draws ever nearer...
>>

>>>The agenda has been posted at http://www.rub...agenda.html. It
>>>looks to be one of the most exciting programs to date.
>>
>>A minor nit -- wouldn't it have been a good idea to inform people first
>>by email when their proposals were/weren't accepted?
>>

> Hal, we did. We didn't get a proposal from you. Did you think you
> had submitted one?

I submitted one at prereg when the rails app crashed
and lost the data -- tried that a few times, then David
fixed it and we got it to work.

I specifically remember cutting and pasting at least twice
into this thing. What goes on?

Hal

Ara.T.Howard

Hal E. Fulton

Ara.T.Howard wrote:
> On Wed, 6 Jul 2005, Hal Fulton wrote:
>
>> Chad Fowler wrote:
>>>
>>> Hal, we did. We didn't get a proposal from you. Did you think you
>>> had submitted one?
>>
>> I submitted one at prereg when the rails app crashed
>> and lost the data -- tried that a few times, then David
>> fixed it and we got it to work.
>>
>> I specifically remember cutting and pasting at least twice
>> into this thing. What goes on?
>
> i submitted two.

Did you get responses on either/both of them?

Hal

Ara.T.Howard