modifying pickaxe 2 pdf

Peña, Botp

7/5/2005 9:53:00 AM

Hi Dave and others,

I hope this is not a stupid question.

Is the pickaxe 2 pdf modifiable? I want to put notes, extra samples, links,
references, etc... and maybe include interactive forms (think acrobat v7)...

(do not worry, i haven't bought the pdf yet and the acrobat pro :)

Thanks and kind regards -botp

8 Answers

Sascha Ebach

Peña, Botp wrote:
> Is the pickaxe 2 pdf modifiable? I want to put notes, extra samples, links,
> references, etc... and maybe include interactive forms (think acrobat v7)...
>
> (do not worry, i haven't bought the pdf yet and the acrobat pro :)

I just gave it a quick try and it worked. I used the Note Tool and the
Highlight Tool.

Sascha

Guillaume Cottenceau

On 7/5/05, "Peña, Botp" <botp@delmonte-phil.com> wrote:

> references, etc... and maybe include interactive forms (think acrobat v7)...

Beware of acrobat v7.

http://lwn.net/Articl...

--
Guillaume Cottenceau - http://zar...

Graham Nicholls

Just out of curiosity, anyone know if I'm entitled to the pdf for free as an
owner of (both of) the pickaxe book(s).

--
The answer's always "Yes".
Now, what was the question?

Tim Hunter

Graham Nicholls wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, anyone know if I'm entitled to the pdf for free as an
> owner of (both of) the pickaxe book(s).

There doesn't appear to be a "free PDF" option. You can buy the PDF
alone for $25 or in combo with the paper book for $54.95.

http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.co...

Graham Nicholls

Tim Hunter wrote:

> Graham Nicholls wrote:
>>
>> Just out of curiosity, anyone know if I'm entitled to the pdf for free as
>> an owner of (both of) the pickaxe book(s).
>>
> There doesn't appear to be a "free PDF" option. You can buy the PDF
> alone for $25 or in combo with the paper book for $54.95.
>
> http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.co...
Thanks - shame really, but there you go. I might just go and get it anyway,
as $25 isn't too bad and saves me carrying it around.
GN
--
The answer's always "Yes".
Now, what was the question?

Dominik Bathon

On Tue, 05 Jul 2005 18:30:46 +0200, Graham Nicholls <"graham_please,
no_spam"@rockcons.co.uk> wrote:

> Tim Hunter wrote:
>
>> Graham Nicholls wrote:
>>>
>>> Just out of curiosity, anyone know if I'm entitled to the pdf for free
>>> as
>>> an owner of (both of) the pickaxe book(s).
>>>
>> There doesn't appear to be a "free PDF" option. You can buy the PDF
>> alone for $25 or in combo with the paper book for $54.95.
>>
>> http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.co...
> Thanks - shame really, but there you go. I might just go and get it
> anyway,
> as $25 isn't too bad and saves me carrying it around.
> GN

Check out the very last page of the 2nd edition, there is a "Save on the
PDF" section, you can get it for 10$. Just go to
http://www.pragmaticprogrammer.c....

Dominik

Dave Thomas

On Jul 5, 2005, at 9:38 AM, Guillaume Cottenceau wrote:

> On 7/5/05, "Peña, Botp" <botp@delmonte-phil.com> wrote:
>
>> references, etc... and maybe include interactive forms (think acrobat
>> v7)...
>
> Beware of acrobat v7.
>
> http://lwn.net/Articl...

We have no tagging such as this in the PDFs we distribute.

Dave

Dave Thomas

On Jul 5, 2005, at 9:50 AM, Graham Nicholls wrote:

> Just out of curiosity, anyone know if I'm entitled to the pdf for free
> as an
> owner of (both of) the pickaxe book(s).

Not free, sub you can get it for $10--look inside the back cover of the
second edition.

Regards

Dave