Re: Exececuting another application from within ruby

Masschelein Bart

7/5/2005 8:58:00 AM

Hello there,

This is maybe a good thread to re-ask a question I had yesterday... I 'guess' it's somewhat related. I have problems with aborting an application started from within ruby using the system() call. I cannot simply press ctrl-C, like in Perl. I use Ruby to run a testbed of several sequences, and when I see that sth went wrong, I want to stop the processing. Now, the only way is to -kill xxx- the process. The suggestion was to redirect the SIGINT, and I tested this thingy using

trap "SIGINT", proc{ print "^C was pressed.\n" }>

But I didn't even saw the ^C was pressed when the program was running.

If sbdy could give a hint or a clue where I should start looking, that would be great.

regards,
Bart.