Re: telnetting cisco routers/devices

Peña, Botp

7/4/2005 9:05:00 AM

jm [mailto:jeffm@ghostgun.com] wrote:
#
#Just a dumb question to begin with - what have you tried? Net::Telnet?
#Have you tried ruby's expect? (Had forgotten about this until I was
#flipping through pickaxe 2 today for something else).
#
#J.

only Net::Telnet.

Net::Telnet works great in managing linux boxes.

but on cisco, the behavior is weird.. i mean of cisco not telnet. The perl
link below seems to address all my issues but, it is in perl. I'm sorry i'm
a bit bias for ruby..

thanks and kind regards -botp

btw, where can i find expect?? sorry if this question is dumber than you
think but i cannot find expect..

#
#On 04/07/2005, at 1:45 PM, Peña, Botp wrote:
#
#> Hi ruby telnet gurus,
#>
#> I'm having difficulty telnetting properly cisco devices. I
#googled the
#> net
#> and found http://nettelnetcisco.sourceforge.net....
#But this is
#> perl.
#> Any kind soul doing something like this in ruby and would love to
#> share?
#>
#> Thanks in advance -botp
#>