[ANN] Ruby-FLTK 0.9.2

Jeremy Henty

7/4/2005 12:33:00 AM

Ruby-FLTK 0.9.2 , 2005-07-03
http://ruby-fltk.source...

"Let your Yes be Yes, or indeed anything other than false or nil."

What is this?:

Ruby-FLTK is a Ruby binding for the FLTK (Fast, Light Toolkit) GUI
library.

Release notes:

Headlines!:
- Mostly fixes, cleanups, typos.
- New color/cursor constants.
- New test scripts.

This is very much a "cleanup" release rather than "new functionality",
as I am still familiarising myself with the code base. If there's
something you're keen to see in 0.9.3 , now is the time to let me
know.

CHANGES:

0.9.1 -> 0.9.2
* Added the file "test/boxes.rb".
* Added the file "test/colors.rb".
* Added the DARK_* color constants.
* Added the file "test/cursors.rb".
* Added the missing *_CURSOR constants.
* "ruby extconf.rb --help" now *only* prints the help text
* Eliminated the deprecated "rb_f_lambda".
* Lots of cleanups and fixes to {test/samples}/*.rb .

Cheers,

Jeremy Henty
jeremy_henty@sourceforge.net

--
Father Duck worries that Ruby won't catch up. But Mother Duck knows
that Ruby will flourish ... in her own time.

Lothar Scholz

Hello Jeremy,

JH> This is very much a "cleanup" release rather than "new functionality",
JH> as I am still familiarising myself with the code base. If there's
JH> something you're keen to see in 0.9.3 , now is the time to let me
JH> know.

Did you cleanup enough to make it a Ruby GEM ?
If not then think this would be the most important goal for the
future. I will download on windows and check the compilation process
against ms-vc++.

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...

Jeremy Henty

In article <1475819562.20050704074011@scriptolutions.com>, Lothar
Scholz wrote:

> Did you cleanup enough to make it a Ruby GEM ?

I don't know what it would take to make it a gem. Luckily I just
bought Pickaxe II, so I know where to find out.

> If not then think this would be the most important goal for the
> future.

What's the status of gems as the way to package Ruby code? I saw a
lot of debate but didn't pay enough attention to see the outcome. Is
it really a no-brainer that gems are the way to go?

> I will download on windows and check the compilation process against
> ms-vc++.

Thanks, let me know how it goes.

Cheers,

Jeremy