A Ruby MUD client

Sy

7/2/2005 2:24:00 PM

Tyler, I've BCCed you because I saw your (then-unresolved) interest in
a 2002 posting.

Hello everyone. After having dusted off an old Aardwolf[1] character,
I began looking to see what has happened in the wonderful world of
telnet and MUD clients.

At one point I wondered if anyone had Ruby scripting support, or even
if a client was written in Ruby itself.

I bumped into Xpertmud[2] and learned that it claimed Ruby support.

I'm speaking with the maintainer, and the Ruby development had gone
quiet, although there is some hope for useful Ruby support. It is
being checked out right now. So far it looks like Ruby support
compiles but is not currently functional.

So, a few questions to the crowd:

* Are there any Ruby-native MUD clients?
* Has anyone used a client which supports Ruby or Ruby-style scripting?
* Does anyone have any experience with Xpertmud?
* Is anyone interested in helping fix Ruby support within Xpertmud?
I'm not useful yet, but I'd like to begin wiki documentation for them.

[1] http://www.aa... I go by the name "Rack"

[2] http://xpertmud.source...
http://docs.btmux.com/index.php/Xpertmud...
telnet://btmux.com:5555 -- then type: addcom xm=Xpertmud

1 Answer

Gene Tani

Well, I know less than nothing about MUDs, but these people are doing
something in ruby:

http://faer...