SWT bindings for Python... Ruby?

Edgardo Hames

7/1/2005 1:57:00 PM

Hi guys,

Has anybody seen the PySWT project? It provides SWT wrappers that can
be used from Python to achieve native look and feel of GUI
applications. Go and take a look by yourselves:

http://www.cs.nyu.edu/zilin/pyswt/pmwiki.php?n=PySWT.In...

I think it would be really nice to have something similar for Ruby
(no, I ain't volunteering ;))

Cheers,
Ed
--
Encontrá a "Tu psicópata favorito" http://tuxmaniac.bl...

Alex Fenton

Hi Edgardo

If you're looking for something similar in Ruby but don't want to port
SWT, you might want to consider WxRuby. It is cross-platform (like Fox,
Tk), but provides native-look widgets on Windows, Linux and OS X (unlike
those).

http://wxruby.rubyforge.org/wi...

I'm been very happy with it and used it for a large end-user application
(see http://www.pressu... for screenshots from Windows)

alex