How to get win32ole functionality in linux?

Sven Suska

6/30/2005 9:46:00 PM

I am very happy that the win32ole library makes it very
easy to control an Excel application from Ruby.
Is there a way to do this with a spreadsheet in linux,
maybe with OpenOffice?

Thanks
Sven

1 Answer

Tom Copeland

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 07:10 +0900, Sven Suska wrote:
> I am very happy that the win32ole library makes it very
> easy to control an Excel application from Ruby.
> Is there a way to do this with a spreadsheet in linux,
> maybe with OpenOffice?

This is a good idea... doesn't OpenOffice work off some sort of
CORBA-ish component framework thingy? There's a page on Python-Open
Office integration here:

http://udk.openoffice.org/python/python-b...

Same sort of thing seems doable for Ruby, but I don't know if anyone has
tried yet...

Yours,

Tom