Time.parse unavailable

Karol Hosiawa

6/30/2005 12:41:00 PM

Hello,
I have Ruby 1.8 installed on my Debian Unstable box.
When I type Time.parse in Irb it returns
NoMethodError: undefined method `parse' for Time:Class

RDoc says parse (as well as for example httpdate) are available
in the Time class.

What could I be doing wrong ?
Thanks
--
Karol Hosiawa
6 Answers

Ralf Müller

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 21:45:42 +0900
Karol Hosiawa <hosiawak@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I have Ruby 1.8 installed on my Debian Unstable box.
> When I type Time.parse in Irb it returns
> NoMethodError: undefined method `parse' for Time:Class
>
> RDoc says parse (as well as for example httpdate) are available
> in the Time class.
>
> What could I be doing wrong ?

use 'irb -rtime' instead

threeve.org

require 'time'

On 6/30/05, Karol Hosiawa <hosiawak@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
> I have Ruby 1.8 installed on my Debian Unstable box.
> When I type Time.parse in Irb it returns
> NoMethodError: undefined method `parse' for Time:Class
>
> RDoc says parse (as well as for example httpdate) are available
> in the Time class.
>
> What could I be doing wrong ?
> Thanks
> --
> Karol Hosiawa

mjmrifai

Hello Rubers

I am java programmer and I have no idea about Ruby please give some
help.

Florian Frank

mjmrifai@gmail.com wrote:

>I am java programmer and I have no idea about Ruby please give some
>help.

require 'time'
t = Time.parse("8:29:40")
p t

--
Florian Frank

Tom Copeland

On Fri, 2005-07-01 at 15:20 +0900, mjmrifai@gmail.com wrote:
> Hello Rubers
>

> I am java programmer and I have no idea about Ruby please give some
> help.

Howdy -

Here's a "An Introduction to Ruby for Java Programmers" presentation:

http://onestepback.org/articles/...

Yours,

Tom

why the lucky stiff

mjmrifai@gmail.com wrote:

>I am java programmer and I have no idea about Ruby please give some
>help.

You also might dig this set of new tutorials for switching from Java to
Ruby:

<http://www.magpiebrain.com/archives/2005/06/13/java_t...
<http://www.magpiebrain.com/archives/2005/06/15/java_to...
<http://www.magpiebrain.com/archives/2005/06/16/java_to...