code coverage tools

Pierre Gambarotto

6/30/2005 9:28:00 AM

I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.

Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

Pierre

5 Answers

Ryan Davis

On Jun 30, 2005, at 2:28 AM, Pierre Gambarotto wrote:

> I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.
>
> Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

If you mean real branch coverage analysis, I dunno, but I don't put
much value in that. You may want to check out ZenTest to get easy
method coverage analysis and stub generation.

--
ryand-ruby@zenspider.com - http://blog.zens...
http://rubyforge.org/project...

Florian Frank

Pierre Gambarotto wrote:

> I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.
>
> Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

(flori@lambda:~ 0)$ gem list -r coverage

*** REMOTE GEMS ***
Updating Gem source index for: http://gems.rub...

coverage (0.2, 0.1)
identifies inactive code

It's quite useful to require it from your test runner, and view the test
code coverage in the created html directory.

--
Florian Frank

Stephen Kellett

In message <335285E8-3B66-499A-9FE0-6678CCE8DE19@enseeiht.fr>, Pierre
Gambarotto <pierre.gambarotto@enseeiht.fr> writes
>I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.
>
>Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?

Ruby Coverage Validator

http://www.software...
--
Stephen Kellett
Object Media Limited http://www.objmedia.demon.co.uk/sof...

Simon Strandgaard

On 6/30/05, Ryan Davis <ryand-ruby@zenspider.com> wrote:
> On Jun 30, 2005, at 2:28 AM, Pierre Gambarotto wrote:
>
> > I want to know if my unit tests are really testing all of my code.
> >
> > Anyone knows such a tool for ruby ?
>
> If you mean real branch coverage analysis, I dunno,
[snip]

rpa install rcov

--
Simon Strandgaard

Lothar Scholz

Hello Simon,

SS> rpa install rcov

No thats only source code line coverage.

But with the NODE model of ruby it would be easy to do so, just add a
flag to each if node and set this.

But ... so many ideas and so less time ...

Lothar Scholz http://www.ru...