ANN: ShortURL 0.5.0

Vincent Foley

6/29/2005 6:02:00 AM

Well, I just released version 0.5.0 of ShortURL. Here's the ChangeLog:

0.5.0:
- Added two services: fyad.org and ln-s.net (thanks to Daniel
Dipaolo)
- Added an property to the Service class: args. This allows to
give additional arguments to services using the GET method (this was
needed by ln-s.net)
- Added a method to Hash to convert to an HTML arguments style
- Added a script called "shorturl" (duh) in the bin directory for
usage from the command line.

As usual, there's a gem for rapid installation or upgrade:

# install
$ gem install shorturl

# update
$ gem update

and I also have a tar.bz2 up on RubyForge if you prefer not to use
gems.

Enjoy, and as usual, I'm open to comments.

1 Answer

Vincent Foley

Just a quick update, 0.6.0 is out with four new services, bringing the
total number of URL shortening services supported by ShortURL to 16.
Not bad, eh? As usual, a quick gem update or gem install will do the
job of getting the latest version

Vincent.