Problem loading a module

Jonas Galvez

6/29/2005 1:32:00 AM

I'll let the shell log do the talking:

# gem install geoip --remote
Attempting remote installation of 'geoip'
Successfully installed geoip-0.2.0
Installing RDoc documentation for geoip-0.2.0...

# irb --simple-prompt
>> require 'geoip'
LoadError: no such file to load -- geoip
from (irb):1:in `require'
from (irb):1

The file seems to be there:

# slocate geoip | grep rb$
/usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/geoip-0.2.0/lib/geoip.rb

Any clues?

--Jonas Galvez

4 Answers

Logan Capaldo

On Jun 28, 2005, at 9:32 PM, Jonas Galvez wrote:

> I'll let the shell log do the talking:
>
> # gem install geoip --remote
> Attempting remote installation of 'geoip'
> Successfully installed geoip-0.2.0
> Installing RDoc documentation for geoip-0.2.0...
>
> # irb --simple-prompt
>
>>> require 'geoip'
>>>
> LoadError: no such file to load -- geoip
> from (irb):1:in `require'
> from (irb):1
>

> The file seems to be there:
>
> # slocate geoip | grep rb$
> /usr/lib/ruby/gems/1.8/gems/geoip-0.2.0/lib/geoip.rb
>
> Any clues?
>
> --Jonas Galvez

Is -rubygems in $RUBYOPT? if not you may want to put it there, either
that or do
require 'rubygems'
require 'geoip'

Clay

On Apr 2, 10:14 pm, "Billary/2008" wrote:

> On Apr 2, 9:28 pm, ignoramus continues to live up to his nick <LOL>:
>

> > On Apr 2, 5:52 pm, "Billary/2008" <BillaryClinton2...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:

> > > Liberals are having a hard time figuring out why their newspapers are
> > > going out of business. Why their radio stations go bankrupt and why
> > > their cable stations can't attract an audience.  It must be because
> > > everyone else is a right wing nutjob.  Yeah that's it.  The whole
> > > world is stupid. Except for them HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!- Hide quoted text -

> > Judging by the last 2 major elections results, it doesn't seem to much
> > matter that the supposed "Liberal" media outlets are failing.  Of
> > course, the underlying assumption you're making is that people either
> > get their news only from Faux or from MSNBC, or else why would you
> > assert that Liberals think that "everyone else" who doesn't listen to
> > their is a "right-wing nutjob".  You must've missed the fact that the
> > ideological nitwits who get their "news" from Faux is but a small
> > segment of the overall voting-age population, thankfully.  There is
> > only so many masochistic morons out there.  The size of the gap-
> > toothed drollinger-follower Faux market segment just happens to be
> > larger than the segment of population that get their news from MSNBC.
> > Both segments in total don't come close to comprising the entire
> > voting population.
>
> > Having just proven your statement that I imply "everyone else is
> > stupid" wrong, I'm wondering what feeble excuse you'll come up with
> > next.  One can only wonder how the gears are now creaking in that
> > mentally deficient brain of yours.- Hide quoted text -

> Like I said.  Everyone else is stupid. Here we have yet another
> example of liberal superiority.  Clap, Clap, Clap!

Not only that... but only a REAL "ignoramus" would take "two election
cycles" and then form a concrete thesis based on that.

*sigh*

If that were the case, with 2002 & 2004, we'd be close to the first
100 days of a McCain presidency... who's enjoying a House & Senate
dominated by Republicans.

Tell that moron ignoramus that "shit happens / things change".

*sigh*

-C-

George

Capt. Morgan <morgan@gmail.com> wrote in

> Mitchell Holman <noemail@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>>"Billary/2008" <BillaryClinton2008@gmail.com> wrote in

>> Modern Conservative: Someone who can take time out from
>>bragging about the market share of Fox News and conservative
>>talk shows and how "leftwing" newspapers are folding to complain
>>that conservatives "can't get their message out" because of the
>>"liberal monopoly of the media".
>>
> It sucks for Fox News to dominate its leftwing competition, doesn't
> it?

The myth of the "Liberal Media" is officially dead.

Clay

On Apr 3, 8:50 am, Mitch drinks... too early in the morning:

> Capt. Morgan <mor...@gmail.com> wrote
>

> > Mitchell Holman <noem...@comcast.net>   wrote:
>
> >>"Billary/2008" <BillaryClinton2...@gmail.com> wrote in

> >>     Modern Conservative: Someone who can take time out from
> >>bragging about the market share of Fox News and conservative
> >>talk shows and how "leftwing" newspapers are folding to complain
> >>that conservatives "can't get their message out" because of the
> >>"liberal monopoly of the media".
>
> > It sucks for Fox News to dominate its leftwing competition, doesn't
> > it?
>
>     The myth of the "Liberal Media" is officially dead.

It's only dead for the bodies that are DEAD above the neck.

===========================
MSNBC is biased:

MakingSureNeophyteBarack(is)Chosen:

14% negative of Obama
73% negative of McCain

FOXNews:

40% negative of Obama
40% negative of McCain

Pew Research Center / 2008

C'mon back when you got something, Mitch. As it is, you got NOTHING
now.

Too fucking funny.

-C-