Re: bit/byte operations

Peña, Botp

6/28/2005 9:35:00 AM

# I am looking for bit operatios like left/right shift, rotate
# left/right, exor-ing/or-ing/and-ing/not-ing of single bits and groups
# of bits.
#
# The problem...I dont know, what keyword to feed into ri.
#
# I tried bit/byte/exor and suc but there was "nothing found".
#
# Where can I look for some informations?
#
# (or is it too contradictionary to look for such low level operations
# in such a highest level ( <<--only meant POSITIV!) language like
# Ruby?

no :)

but your concern is a good request feature for ri (especially since ruby doc and enthusiasts are building up).

if you are fine w a gui interface, try fxri. the auto search feature is cool really. (but like you, i really hope ri will have a good search engine soon too)..

kind regards -botp

#
# Thank you very much for any help in advance!
# Meino
#
#
#