microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

response with file stream, IE block

Tomas

6/28/2008 7:15:00 AM

Hello,

I am responding file stream from ASP.NET and IE block such response and
security panel appears at the top of IE
asking to confirm accept. Is it posssible to overcome this IE issue?

Regards,
Tomas

3 Answers

Fernando Rodriguez, MCP

I assume you mean that you're using Response.WriteFile to return a file to
the browser from an aspx file? If so what is the file type and what kind of
behavior are you expecting?

You should set the ContentType property to the type of the file that you're
streaming, for example, if it's an html text file you can do
'Response.ContentType = "text/html"' before calling WriteFile and the file
will display as a normal html page, if it's an image you should set it to
"image/jpeg" where jpeg would be the type of your image file, and so on...

Regards,
Fernando Rodriguez, MCPD

"Tomas" <tomas@nomeil.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I am responding file stream from ASP.NET and IE block such response and
> security panel appears at the top of IE
> asking to confirm accept. Is it posssible to overcome this IE issue?
>
> Regards,
> Tomas

Tomas

Yes, I use Response.WriteFile to send PDF file, the problem not in sending
file but that IE show Security Warning and Block output file.

"Fernando Rodriguez, MCP" <usenet-spam@cfl.rr.com> wrote in message
>I assume you mean that you're using Response.WriteFile to return a file to
>the browser from an aspx file? If so what is the file type and what kind of
>behavior are you expecting?
>
> You should set the ContentType property to the type of the file that
> you're streaming, for example, if it's an html text file you can do
> 'Response.ContentType = "text/html"' before calling WriteFile and the file
> will display as a normal html page, if it's an image you should set it to
> "image/jpeg" where jpeg would be the type of your image file, and so on...
>
> Regards,
> Fernando Rodriguez, MCPD
>

> "Tomas" <tomas@nomeil.com> wrote in message
>> Hello,
>>
>> I am responding file stream from ASP.NET and IE block such response and
>> security panel appears at the top of IE
>> asking to confirm accept. Is it posssible to overcome this IE issue?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Tomas

Eddie Haskell

"Pugversity" <pug@disaster.net> wrote in message

> "Werner" <whetzner@mac.com> wrote in message
> On Oct 21, 11:33 am, Kevin Cunningham <sms...@mindspring.com> wrote:
>> On Oct 21, 6:49 am, Cicero Venatio <jazzyb...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> > California is headed to bankruptcy, ......
>>
>> After years of repug rule.....
>
> Is there a bluer state than CA?
> ==================================
>
> Typical. Generalize everything. Label everything else. If you don't
> live here, shut up.

Here's another one, folks. Wonder how I know?

It's rather like that driver that tailgates the fuck out of you right before
he passes you and barrels through the red light. Or passes you in the left
lane only to barrel across right in front of you to exit off to the right.
Or passes you in the left lane and blocks all that traffic trying to merge.

99 times out of a hundred. Monkey see, monkey do.

Cicero Venatio: California is headed to bankruptcy

Yoorghis: Bush and the GOP bankrupting and collapsing the ENTIRE nation.

Cuntingham: After years of repug rule.

Pugversity: Cover up the Bush disaster.

See what I mean? Thanks for the demonstration. You boys make take your seats
now. And no, that doesn't mean steal the chair.

-Eddie Haskell