microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Differences between Windows Mobile 5 and Windows mobile 6 versions

Prasad

6/27/2008 11:15:00 AM

Hello All,

Can I know what are the differences between Windows Mobile 5 and Windows
mobile 6 versions in terms of new API support.

Is there a backward compatibility from WM 6 to WM5?

Please answer my query.
Thanks in advance.

Prasad

2 Answers

Ciaran O''Donnell

This is a .NET Framework forum as far as i'm aware. However, the basic answer
to your question is Windows Mobile 6 is build on the newer WindowsCE 5
platform where WinMob5 was built on WinCE4.?

There are newer features in 6 and some backward compatability but for more
information you should seek out their SDK pages or ask in a Windows Mobile or
at least a compact framework group.

--
Ciaran O''Donnell
http://wannabedeveloper.space...

"Prasad" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> Can I know what are the differences between Windows Mobile 5 and Windows
> mobile 6 versions in terms of new API support.
>
> Is there a backward compatibility from WM 6 to WM5?
>
> Please answer my query.
> Thanks in advance.
>
> Prasad

Prasad

Hello Ciaran,

Thank you.

I have one more question.

I need to create a new Software input panel (SIP) which contains only 0 - 9,
* and # characters. Can anybody guide me how to proceed. Or if there is
already a sample with such kind, please do the needful.

Thanks in advance.

Prasad