microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

FtpWebRequest, SSL, MVS, and command [OPTS utf8 on]

J.B. Moreno

6/24/2008 10:39:00 PM

Hello,

I am tryin gto use FtpWebRequest to connect to a MVS FTP server using
SSL. According to the trace logs, the authentication goes OK, but
when the server doesn't recognize the command [OPTS utf8 on] I get a
501 error response and an exception instead of the results from my
ListDirectory command.

Does anyone know if FtpWebRequest can be used with a MVS server? I
found some messages from people having problems, but no solutions or
workarounds (negative evidence).

How about a way to tell the FtpWebRequest connection not to issue the
command?

--
J. Moreno
1 Answer

Jason Plante

Has anybody figured out how to supress sending along that message?