unknown

What tools do you use to build a helpfile from the XML documentation in your
code?
nDoc is no longer continued, SandCastle looks a bit primitive. So I wonder
what do you use?

kind regards,

Erik

5 Answers

Peter Macej

VSdocman. But I'm biased :)

--
Peter Macej
Helixoft - http://www.he...

Ilya Albrekht

Sendcastle is very useful.

"E®!k \/!sser" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
> What tools do you use to build a helpfile from the XML documentation in
> your code?
> nDoc is no longer continued, SandCastle looks a bit primitive. So I wonder
> what do you use?
>
> kind regards,
>
> Erik

Ilya Albrekht

http://blogs.msdn.com/s...

It has external GUI and integration with VS.

Enjoy,

Ilya Albrekht

"Ilya Albrekht" <ialbrekht@wish-hint.com> wrote in message
> Sendcastle is very useful.
>
> "E®!k \/!sser" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>> What tools do you use to build a helpfile from the XML documentation in
>> your code?
>> nDoc is no longer continued, SandCastle looks a bit primitive. So I
>> wonder what do you use?
>>
>> kind regards,
>>
>> Erik

unknown

Ilya,

Thanks for pointing this out, I hadn't found the gui and using the batch
file did not give a good result.
Tried the gui now, it has laess options as nDoc, but it works fine.

Erik

"Ilya Albrekht" <ialbrekht@wish-hint.com> schreef in bericht
> http://blogs.msdn.com/s...
>
> It has external GUI and integration with VS.
>
> Enjoy,
>
> Ilya Albrekht
>
> "Ilya Albrekht" <ialbrekht@wish-hint.com> wrote in message
>> Sendcastle is very useful.
>>
>> "E®!k \/!sser" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>>> Hi,
>>> What tools do you use to build a helpfile from the XML documentation in
>>> your code?
>>> nDoc is no longer continued, SandCastle looks a bit primitive. So I
>>> wonder what do you use?
>>>
>>> kind regards,
>>>
>>> Erik

Ilya Albrekht

It has MORE options than nDoc!

http://www.codeplex.com/...
"DocProject drives the Sandcastle help generation tools using the power of
Visual Studio 2005/2008 and MSBuild. Choose from various project templates
that build compiled help version 1.x or 2.x for all project references.
DocProject facilitates the administration and development of project
documentation with Sandcastle, allowing you to use the integrated tools of
Visual Studio to customize Sandcastle's output."