microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Identifying the Publish Version of a ClickOnce app at Runtime

michael

6/20/2008 9:30:00 PM

Not really sure where to post this but here goes:

I would like to be able to put a Publish Version in an AboutBox in my VS
2008 WPF application. I am following this example in the VS2008 help files:

ms-help://MS.VSCC.v90/MS.MSDNQTR.v90.en/fxref_system.deployment/html/a848f1ad-bea0-1762-ff71-542adc0cdcc9.htm

I am having difficulty adding the following to my source code:

Imports System.Deployment.Application

I get the following error:

Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Deployment.Application'
doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the namespace
or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure the
imported element name doesn't use any aliases.

I'm not sure why I can't list this import. I'm following the example code
exactly. Any ideas?
--
Michael
11 Answers

Marc Gravell

You need to add a reference to System.Deployment.dll

Marc

RobinS

Here you go. You have to get the deployment version. Note that if you are
running it from VS, this pulls the assembly version, because you're not
running the deployed version. If you are having build problems, make sure
you have a reference to System.Deployment in references for your project.

public string version
{
get
{
System.Reflection.Assembly _assemblyInfo =
System.Reflection.Assembly.GetExecutingAssembly();

string ourVersion = string.Empty;

//if running the deployed application, you can get the version
// from the ApplicationDeployment information. If you try
// to access this when you are running in Visual Studio, it will
not work.
if
(System.Deployment.Application.ApplicationDeployment.IsNetworkDeployed)
{
ourVersion =
ApplicationDeployment.CurrentDeployment.CurrentVersion.ToString();
}
else
{
if (_assemblyInfo != null)
{
ourVersion = _assemblyInfo.GetName().Version.ToString();
}
}
return ourVersion;
}
}

RobinS.
GoldMail.com
===============
"michael" <michael@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Not really sure where to post this but here goes:
>
> I would like to be able to put a Publish Version in an AboutBox in my VS
> 2008 WPF application. I am following this example in the VS2008 help
> files:
>
> ms-help://MS.VSCC.v90/MS.MSDNQTR.v90.en/fxref_system.deployment/html/a848f1ad-bea0-1762-ff71-542adc0cdcc9.htm
>
> I am having difficulty adding the following to my source code:
>
> Imports System.Deployment.Application
>
> I get the following error:
>
> Namespace or type specified in the Imports 'System.Deployment.Application'
> doesn't contain any public member or cannot be found. Make sure the
> namespace
> or the type is defined and contains at least one public member. Make sure
> the
> imported element name doesn't use any aliases.
>
> I'm not sure why I can't list this import. I'm following the example code
> exactly. Any ideas?
> --
> Michael

Bret Cahill

> > Are there any "market" economists left who'll even show their faces in
> > public anymore?
>
> > Most of them have dodged their way out of having any influence.  Next
> > thing you know their elected counterparts start dodging elections.
>
> > Bret Cahill
>
>  they have a plan, its to blame others for the results of their own
> polices. typical conservatives in action.

That's harder and harder to do in the info age.

Still some may find it curious why Dems do so poorly.

It's not hard to explain.

Democrats are like squeamish emergency room physicians.

They are so disgusted with the situation they don't want to even think
about it let along do anything about it.

The only exception was Bill Clinton.

Bret Cahill

Nickname unavailable

On May 14, 12:14 pm, Bret Cahill <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:
> > > Are there any "market" economists left who'll even show their faces in
> > > public anymore?
>
> > > Most of them have dodged their way out of having any influence.  Next
> > > thing you know their elected counterparts start dodging elections.
>
> > > Bret Cahill
>
> >  they have a plan, its to blame others for the results of their own
> > polices. typical conservatives in action.
>
> That's harder and harder to do in the info age.
>
> Still some may find it curious why Dems do so poorly.
>
> It's not hard to explain.
>
> Democrats are like squeamish emergency room physicians.
>
> They are so disgusted with the situation they don't want to even think
> about it let along do anything about it.
>
> The only exception was Bill Clinton.
>
> Bret Cahill

most democrats are kool aid drinkers also. they either do not
understand, or do not believe what caused the first great depression.
then they either do not believe, or do not understand what it took to
get us out of the great depression. obama himself has repeated
conservative lies about FDR.
the markets are pointing to more deflation, yet we still repeat
discredited conservative economics.
FDR, truman, even ike, and JFK sure knew how to educate the public.

Bret Cahill

> > >  they have a plan, its to blame others for the results of their own
> > > polices. typical conservatives in action.
>
> > That's harder and harder to do in the info age.
>
> > Still some may find it curious why Dems do so poorly.
>
> > It's not hard to explain.
>
> > Democrats are like squeamish emergency room physicians.
>
> > They are so disgusted with the situation they don't want to even think
> > about it let along do anything about it.
>
> > The only exception was Bill Clinton.
>
> > Bret Cahill
>
>  most democrats are kool aid drinkers also. they either do not
> understand, or do not believe what caused the first great depression.

Most don't have time to know every detail, but then they don't need to
know every detail.

For example, from what you've been posting it's clear you are probably
correct about libertarianism being a precurser to fascism.

I never bothered with that. For me it was good enough to know that
libertarians are despotic, low taxes, every family educates it own,
etc.

> then they either do not believe, or do not understand what it took to
> get us out of the great depression. obama himself has repeated
> conservative lies about FDR.
>  the markets are pointing to more deflation, yet we still repeat
> discredited conservative economics.

Obama isn't the most strategic thinker nor does he pretend to be.

It's clear Bill Clinton is involved in the Obama campaign which pretty
much dooms Mitt.

>  FDR, truman, even ike, and JFK sure knew how to educate the public.

Bob Graham ran some of the most educational campaigns in history in
one of the more ignorant states and he's even still alive. The
problem with Graham is he knows he's the best and very selfishly
restricts everything Io Gainesville.

What about those of us in other parts of the country trying to keep
our carbon footprints down?

Bret Cahill

Nickname unavailable

On May 14, 10:19 pm, Bret Cahill <BretCah...@peoplepc.com> wrote:

> > > That's harder and harder to do in the info age.
>
> > > Still some may find it curious why Dems do so poorly.
>
> > > It's not hard to explain.
>
> > > Democrats are like squeamish emergency room physicians.
>
> > > They are so disgusted with the situation they don't want to even think
> > > about it let along do anything about it.
>
> > > The only exception was Bill Clinton.
>
> > > Bret Cahill
>
> >  most democrats are kool aid drinkers also. they either do not
> > understand, or do not believe what caused the first great depression.
>
> Most don't have time to know every detail, but then they don't need to
> know every detail.

correct. if they had real advisers, and not kool aid drinkers, they
would be living in real time. not some neo-liberal fantasy land.

> For example, from what you've been posting it's clear you are probably
> correct about libertarianism being a precurser to fascism.

its all there for all to see. the direct link is set in stone.

> I never bothered with that.  For me it was good enough to know that
> libertarians are despotic, low taxes, every family educates it own,
> etc.

yet, they are fodder for fascism.

> > then they either do not believe, or do not understand what it took to
> > get us out of the great depression. obama himself has repeated
> > conservative lies about FDR.
> >  the markets are pointing to more deflation, yet we still repeat
> > discredited conservative economics.
>
> Obama isn't the most strategic thinker nor does he pretend to be.

he is a dim bulb, and he is bound and determined to bring
rubinomics(neo-liberalism)to fore in america.

> It's clear Bill Clinton is involved in the Obama campaign which pretty
> much dooms Mitt.

yet, if mitt wins and tries to slash what is left of the safety net,
the democrats might get a back bone. if the dim bulb wins, he will
slash the safety net, then bask in its glory, completely unaware of
his surroundings.

> >  FDR, truman, even ike, and JFK sure knew how to educate the public.
>
> Bob Graham ran some of the most educational campaigns in history in
> one of the more ignorant states and he's even still alive.  The
> problem with Graham is he knows he's the best and very selfishly
> restricts everything Io Gainesville.

the problem with trying to educate the red states, is that they
cannot be educated. just look at germany. after what the conservatives
did to germany from the 1920's-till 1945, is being so far replicated
to a "T" in europe today.
the only reason why germany had a period of stability and prosperity,
is because so many conservatives went to their deaths by the millions
from 1943-1945, defending conservatism from civil society. if so many
conservatives had not thrown themselves into the inferno in the
closing days of the war defending the wealthy, there would have been
many more conservative voters left after the war. and germany would
not have had such a long prosperous run from 1945- the 2000's.

> What about those of us in other parts of the country trying to keep
> our carbon footprints down?

the new deal simply by passed the red states. that is the secret. you
spread prosperity in the states that matter. quit trying to pander to
the red staters, they do not matter. the border states and swing
states can, and have been solid blue for long periods of time.
the independents voted over whelmingly for change. that change was
for a FDR type. instead they got more of the same, and the dim bulb
wonders why he is struggling.

> Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill

> > >  most democrats are kool aid drinkers also. they either do not
> > > understand, or do not believe what caused the first great depression.
>
> > Most don't have time to know every detail, but then they don't need to
> > know every detail.
>
>  correct. if they had real advisers, and not kool aid drinkers, they
> would be living in real time. not some neo-liberal fantasy land.
>
> > For example, from what you've been posting it's clear you are probably
> > correct about libertarianism being a precurser to fascism.
>
>  its all there for all to see. the direct link is set in stone.
>
> > I never bothered with that.  For me it was good enough to know that
> > libertarians are despotic, low taxes, every family educates it own,
> > etc.
>
>  yet, they are fodder for fascism.
>
> > > then they either do not believe, or do not understand what it took to
> > > get us out of the great depression. obama himself has repeated
> > > conservative lies about FDR.
> > >  the markets are pointing to more deflation, yet we still repeat
> > > discredited conservative economics.
>
> > Obama isn't the most strategic thinker nor does he pretend to be.
>
>  he is a dim bulb, and he is bound and determined to bring
> rubinomics(neo-liberalism)to fore in america.
>
> > It's clear Bill Clinton is involved in the Obama campaign which pretty
> > much dooms Mitt.
>
>  yet, if mitt wins and tries to slash what is left of the safety net,
> the democrats might get a back bone. if the dim bulb wins, he will
> slash the safety net, then bask in its glory, completely unaware of
> his surroundings.
>
> > >  FDR, truman, even ike, and JFK sure knew how to educate the public.
>
> > Bob Graham ran some of the most educational campaigns in history in
> > one of the more ignorant states and he's even still alive.  The
> > problem with Graham is he knows he's the best and very selfishly
> > restricts everything Io Gainesville.
>
>  the problem with trying to educate the red states, is that they
> cannot be educated.

Graham would win by a factor of 2.

> just look at germany. after what the conservatives
> did to germany from the 1920's-till 1945, is being so far replicated
> to a "T" in europe today.

>  the only reason why germany had a period of stability and prosperity,
> is because so many conservatives went to their deaths by the millions
> from 1943-1945, defending conservatism from civil society. if so many
> conservatives had not thrown themselves into the inferno in the
> closing days of the war defending the wealthy, there would have been
> many more conservative voters left after the war. and germany would
> not have had such a long prosperous run from 1945- the 2000's.

When the Russians came in it was difficult to insulate themselves from
reality.

> > What about those of us in other parts of the country trying to keep
> > our carbon footprints down?

>  the new deal simply by passed the red states. that is the secret. you
> spread prosperity in the states that matter. quit trying to pander to
> the red staters, they do not matter. the border states and swing
> states can, and have been solid blue for long periods of time.
>  the independents voted over whelmingly for change. that change was
> for a FDR type. instead they got more of the same, and the dim bulb
> wonders why he is struggling.

Pelosi is out there very unconvincingly saying she's trying to get the
house back for the Democrats.

Last month I mentioned the complete lack of effort on the part of
Democrats to get the house back and nothing has changed.

Bret Cahill

BeamMeUpScotty

On 5/15/2012 3:48 PM, Bret Cahill wrote:

> [...]
> reality.
>
>>> What about those of us in other parts of the country trying to keep
>>> our carbon footprints down?
>
>> the new deal simply by passed the red states. that is the secret. you
>> spread prosperity in the states that matter. quit trying to pander to
>> the red staters, they do not matter. the border states and swing
>> states can, and have been solid blue for long periods of time.
>> the independents voted over whelmingly for change. that change was
>> for a FDR type. instead they got more of the same, and the dim bulb
>> wonders why he is struggling.
>
> Pelosi is out there very unconvincingly saying she's trying to get the
> house back for the Democrats.
>
> Last month I mentioned the complete lack of effort on the part of
> Democrats to get the house back and nothing has changed.

In the end Europe is going to fall in a GIANT DEBT HOLE, and when that
happens the world will take notice and start to hang the politicians
with Piano Wire from street lights.....

It will be a sad day and yet it won't be a surprise to all of us.

Spend Spend Spend..... I have already made plans and when it all
collapses, I will NOT be one of you Socialists that are still playing
with your ding-a-ling while looking at giant self aggrandizing posters
of Socialist Obama kissing Mao.

Nickname unavailable

On May 15, 2:48 pm, Bret Cahill <Bret_E_Cah...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Most don't have time to know every detail, but then they don't need to
> > > know every detail.
>
> >  correct. if they had real advisers, and not kool aid drinkers, they
> > would be living in real time. not some neo-liberal fantasy land.
>
> > > For example, from what you've been posting it's clear you are probably
> > > correct about libertarianism being a precurser to fascism.
>
> >  its all there for all to see. the direct link is set in stone.
>
> > > I never bothered with that.  For me it was good enough to know that
> > > libertarians are despotic, low taxes, every family educates it own,
> > > etc.
>
> >  yet, they are fodder for fascism.

> > > Obama isn't the most strategic thinker nor does he pretend to be.
>
> >  he is a dim bulb, and he is bound and determined to bring
> > rubinomics(neo-liberalism)to fore in america.
>
> > > It's clear Bill Clinton is involved in the Obama campaign which pretty
> > > much dooms Mitt.
>
> >  yet, if mitt wins and tries to slash what is left of the safety net,
> > the democrats might get a back bone. if the dim bulb wins, he will
> > slash the safety net, then bask in its glory, completely unaware of
> > his surroundings.

> > > Bob Graham ran some of the most educational campaigns in history in
> > > one of the more ignorant states and he's even still alive.  The
> > > problem with Graham is he knows he's the best and very selfishly
> > > restricts everything Io Gainesville.
>
> >  the problem with trying to educate the red states, is that they
> > cannot be educated.
>
> Graham would win by a factor of 2.

if they could be educated, graham types would be spreading thru out
the red states.

> > just look at germany. after what the conservatives
> > did to germany from the 1920's-till 1945, is being so far replicated
> > to a "T" in europe today.
> >  the only reason why germany had a period of stability and prosperity,
> > is because so many conservatives went to their deaths by the millions
> > from 1943-1945, defending conservatism from civil society. if so many
> > conservatives had not thrown themselves into the inferno in the
> > closing days of the war defending the wealthy, there would have been
> > many more conservative voters left after the war. and germany would
> > not have had such a long prosperous run from 1945- the 2000's.
>
> When the Russians came in it was difficult to insulate themselves from
> reality.

they just doubled down on dying for the Fuhrer.

> > > What about those of us in other parts of the country trying to keep
> > > our carbon footprints down?
> >  the new deal simply by passed the red states. that is the secret. you
> > spread prosperity in the states that matter. quit trying to pander to
> > the red staters, they do not matter. the border states and swing
> > states can, and have been solid blue for long periods of time.
> >  the independents voted over whelmingly for change. that change was
> > for a FDR type. instead they got more of the same, and the dim bulb
> > wonders why he is struggling.
>
> Pelosi is out there very unconvincingly saying she's trying to get the
> house back for the Democrats.

i agree, very pathetic.

> Last month I mentioned the complete lack of effort on the part of
> Democrats to get the house back and nothing has changed.

agreed. if they keep the senate, get back the house, let the dim bulb
lose, that is how i would do it. totally ignore the dim bulb, and go
hard for the house and senate.

> Bret Cahill

Bret Cahill

> > >  correct. if they had real advisers, and not kool aid drinkers, they
> > > would be living in real time. not some neo-liberal fantasy land.

> > >  its all there for all to see. the direct link is set in stone.

> > >  yet, they are fodder for fascism.

> > >  he is a dim bulb, and he is bound and determined to bring
> > > rubinomics(neo-liberalism)to fore in america.

> > >  yet, if mitt wins and tries to slash what is left of the safety net,
> > > the democrats might get a back bone. if the dim bulb wins, he will
> > > slash the safety net, then bask in its glory, completely unaware of
> > > his surroundings.

> > >  the problem with trying to educate the red states, is that they
> > > cannot be educated.
>
> > Graham would win by a factor of 2.
>
>  if they could be educated, graham types would be spreading thru out
> the red states.

It's not like there are a lot of Graham types.

There's just one and he knows it.

> > > just look at germany. after what the conservatives
> > > did to germany from the 1920's-till 1945, is being so far replicated
> > > to a "T" in europe today.
> > >  the only reason why germany had a period of stability and prosperity,
> > > is because so many conservatives went to their deaths by the millions
> > > from 1943-1945, defending conservatism from civil society. if so many
> > > conservatives had not thrown themselves into the inferno in the
> > > closing days of the war defending the wealthy, there would have been
> > > many more conservative voters left after the war. and germany would
> > > not have had such a long prosperous run from 1945- the 2000's.
>
> > When the Russians came in it was difficult to insulate themselves from
> > reality.
>
>  they just doubled down on dying for the Fuhrer.

> > >  the new deal simply by passed the red states. that is the secret. you
> > > spread prosperity in the states that matter. quit trying to pander to
> > > the red staters, they do not matter. the border states and swing
> > > states can, and have been solid blue for long periods of time.
> > >  the independents voted over whelmingly for change. that change was
> > > for a FDR type. instead they got more of the same, and the dim bulb
> > > wonders why he is struggling.
>
> > Pelosi is out there very unconvincingly saying she's trying to get the
> > house back for the Democrats.
>
>  i agree, very pathetic.
>
> > Last month I mentioned the complete lack of effort on the part of
> > Democrats to get the house back and nothing has changed.
>
>  agreed. if they keep the senate, get back the house, let the dim bulb
> lose, that is how i would do it. totally ignore the dim bulb, and go
> hard for the house and senate.

The 0.01% are pulling all the strings.

They control the "liberal" media, the politicians, the Fed and
everyone else.

Bret Cahill