microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Checking for .Net Security policy from JavaScript

peterbf

6/15/2008 10:24:00 AM

Hello

I have a .Net usercontrol which I use on a webpage as an ActiveX
component. The component is activated with JavaScript. The problem is
that if a user does not have the correct Security Policy setup, then
the page just shows a small icon whith a cross on it. I would like to
check if the users machine has the correct security policy before I
try to start the ActiveX component. Is there a way to do this?
3 Answers

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

There is no way to do this.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]

[Shameless Author plug]
The O.W.C. Black Book, 2nd Edition
Exclusively on www.lulu.com/owc $19.99

"peterbf" <peterbf@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
>
> I have a .Net usercontrol which I use on a webpage as an ActiveX
> component. The component is activated with JavaScript. The problem is
> that if a user does not have the correct Security Policy setup, then
> the page just shows a small icon whith a cross on it. I would like to
> check if the users machine has the correct security policy before I
> try to start the ActiveX component. Is there a way to do this?

Clay

On Mar 28, 1:29?pm, topset72, that documented anti-Semite, topset72,
spewed:

<nonsense snip>

http://tinyurl....

Subject: Re: Leftist Logic (Oxymoron): Only Conservatives Can Be
Racists

On Mar 18, 8:31 pm, more proof that this piece of shit, topset72, is a
virulent anti-Semite:

<bullshit snip>

> topset72

> Will Blacks still be able to live in Harlem?
> <http://www.finalcall.com/artman/publish/article_1979...

"The Final Call"... the propaganda hate-sheet of "the Honorable
Minister Louis Farrakhan".

If you give an anti-Semite enuf rope, that anti-Semite WILL hang his/
herself.

It was just a matter of time, Jew hater.

*sigh*

-C-

Clay

On Mar 28, 1:55?pm, bvallely <bvall...@aol.com> wrote:

> > Are you obsessed or a paid fox schill Clay? ?You run to your computer
> > and make posts defending fox over any tiny thing.
> .
> > Here is the link to the UPS statement. ?I doubt they would send out a
> > press release aboutit , because that would be dumb, but you only have
> > PR experience working for fox, so that may be tough for you to
> > understand.
> .
> >http://thinkprogress.org/2009/03/27/up...
>
> .
> Ah. ?So you don't really have a source - just the word of a lefty
> blog.

This virulent anti-Semite doesn't know what his sick-ass is talking
about.

There is no confirmation about UPS not advertising on "O'Reilly".

Up until now... it's a leftist lie (redundant).

Too fucking funny.

-C-