microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Developing an IE toolbar in .Net?

Rob

6/12/2008 2:03:00 PM

Dear all,

I've spent a number of years developing web applications, but
predominantly only that. I've tried my hand a few times at some
smaller Windows apps, but again, nothing major.

There are two main areas that I would like to try and develop
something a little different, either an activeX control or an IE
toolbar.

At the moment I've not found a whole lot of information on either, ie,
a step by step tutorial with a finished result that I could install
and see and then tinker with to make my own and make it do what I want
it to do.

At this moment in time I'd really like to try and create a toolbar.

I have access to Visual Studio 2003 and 2005 for development, and use
VB.Net/ASP.Net as opposed to C# etc.

Could anyone help me out a little, i think I only need some basics and
then from there I'd be ok - I just dont know where to start. Some
links or tutorials or even little samples would be ideal.

Thank you in advance for your time in reading my post and any
assistance you may be.

Best regards

Rob Meade
1 Answer

Erik Funkenbusch

On Thu, 12 Jun 2008 07:03:09 -0700 (PDT), Rob Meade wrote:

> Could anyone help me out a little, i think I only need some basics and
> then from there I'd be ok - I just dont know where to start. Some
> links or tutorials or even little samples would be ideal.

Google is your friend. It took me about 5 seconds to find this.

http://www.codeproject.com/KB/shell/dotnetbandobjects.aspx?select=1113574&df=100&forumid=3788&noise=1&mpp=50...