microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Powercf.exe & Windows Service

Daniel

I have created a VS Windows Services project to call powercfg.exe
every 2mins (in a timerdelegate). In On Start event of the service I
have set the process file name to powercfg.exe and have set argument
as "/create "my power scheme" and started the process. In the delegate
fucntion first the get the avaliable scheme and check for my existing
scheme ("my power scheme"), if its there I set other power settings
like monitor timeout, disk timeout etc,. Here the catch is when the
service is started for the first time the On Start event does not
create a power scheme. I tried creating a power scheme in a windows
application and it created, but not in a windows service. Is there
anything that I am missing?

Thanks.