microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

ClickOnce deployment update requests (HTTP GET) do not include User-agent in the header

Andrew Paprocki

5/24/2008 6:20:00 PM

I've submitted a bug via Connect because I can't get ClickOnce to work
for a friend in Thailand due to the country's firewall requiring a

https://connect.microsoft.com/VisualStudio/feedback/ViewFeedback.aspx?Feedbac...

I'm posting here to see if anyone else has any information about a
possible workaround to force dfsvc.exe to supply a User-agent: string
when making HTTP GET requests.

From the ticket:

"I consider it a bug that the ClickOnce HTTP request does not use the
configured User Agent strings inside of the registry:

HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Settings\5.0\User Agent\Post Platform

This contains all the strings appended post-platform to the user agent
and these should be used as well for the ClickOnce update check.

Also, dfsvc.exe seems to obey any Internet Explorer cookies that exist
for the target website even though it doesn't send the User-agent:."

Thanks,
-Andrew