microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Cannot install .net 2.0 System.Enterpriseservices.dll error

Rick

5/20/2008 9:44:00 PM

When I try to install .net 2.0 I get the following error:

Error 25015 failed to install assembly

C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\V.2.0
50727\System.Enterpriseservices.dll’ Because of system error: the
system cannot find the path specified

The file is there. I have uninstalled, and used .net clean-up tool
that removes all files and registry keys.

Oddly, 1.1 installs fine but I need 2.0. BTW 3 and 3.5 will not
install either.

I'm at the end of my rope. Any help is appreciated.
1 Answer

Alvin Bruney [ASP.NET MVP]

one of the key culprits. check your machine.config files to make sure it is
not read-only.

--

Regards,
Alvin Bruney [MVP ASP.NET]