microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

Get HTTP content in .NET (write cookie to cache

Rob

5/20/2008 9:31:00 PM

I am using a code sample (http://www.west-wind.com/pres...
dotnetWebRequest/dotnetWebRequest.htm) as a reference to do the
following:

We are using a service on a third party site. I need to login to that
site by passing the userid and password in URL variables. This works
if the user has been to the site before because the third-party site
sets a cookie that contains the organization ID. If this cookie is not
present, an attempt to access the site by passing credentials in the
URL fails. I found Rick's code sample to retrieve HTTP content. Using
the code as a reference, I was able to pull the cookie from the third
party site into the CookieCollection. Unfortunately, I need to have
this cookie in the browser’s cache before I can redirect the
application to the third party site (passing credentials in the URL).
How can I output the cookie in the CookieCollection to the browser
cache before I redirect to the third-party site?

Any help you can provide would help greatly.

Thanks,

Rob