microsoft.public.dotnet.framework

getting country area (Telephone) codes built in windows?

Leon_Amirreza

5/20/2008 1:53:00 PM

how can I get the names and telephone codes built in windows in C#?
setting up modem in windows it asks for country/region code you are in.
1- how can I have such a form in C# (that has a list countries with codes,
so you can select the country you are in)?

I know how to fill a combo box and work with it but i dont know how to get a
list of countries and their telephone codes

2- knowing the country name, how can I get the country telephone code in C#?

Thanx

1 Answer

James

Hello Leon,
Not sure if country codes are in the operating system... here is a website
that is quite complete... http://www.rentacellularphone.com/Countr...
Another that my be of interest is... http://www.country...

hope this helps